What is corrosion meter?
is the detection of metals or other materials due to interaction with the environment caused by chemical or physical (or mechanical) - chemical damage process of material testing. Corrosion test is to master the material and the environment constitute the characteristics of the corrosion system, to understand the corrosion mechanism, and control the corrosion process by measuring equipment.
Application of corrosion meter
is widely used in petroleum, chemical, construction, underground pipelines and other field corrosion rate detection and monitoring, corrosion protection countermeasures evaluation, can be used in soil, oily sewage, atmosphere and reinforced concrete and other environmental corrosion monitoring and corrosion inhibitor corrosion inhibition efficiency evaluation, screening, etc.. Compared with the field hanging experiments can get more comprehensive, more rapid corrosion and corrosion control information.
Corrosion meter working principle
In the process of detecting the corrosion rate, the corrosion tester
works by using a high-speed low-power MCU unit and Guard Ring technology to precisely limit the polarization current to a selected area. The built-in automatic compensation circuit can automatically determine the compensation coefficient of the Guard Ring electrode current according to the concrete resistivity and open circuit potential, which greatly improves the accuracy of measuring the corrosion rate of reinforcing steel in concrete structures; it avoids the measurement error caused by over-compensation or under-compensation; the built-in constant current step compensation measurement circuit can directly measure the concrete resistivity. The instrument is designed with a double constant potential meter inside, which can limit the polarization current completely within the CE projection of the auxiliary electrode, while the polarization current of the reinforcement outside the CE projection is provided entirely by the guard ring electrode GE. The instrument is equipped with two measuring cables, one for connecting the sensor of the ring guard electrode and the other for connecting to the exposed reinforcement of the concrete structure through alligator clips, paying attention to the tightness of the connection to avoid measurement errors caused by excessive contact resistance.
Why do we use corrosion meter?
1. Corrosion test meter can evaluate the corrosion resistance of materials.
2. The use of a corrosion meter can determine the suitability of various corrosion protection measures in a given environment, the best choice, the quality control path, and the expected service life of the component after these measures.
3. Corrosion testers can determine the aggressiveness of the environment, study environmental impurities, additives, etc. on the corrosion rate, and the role of corrosion patterns.
4. Corrosion meters can study the role of corrosion products on the pollution of the environment.
5. Corrosion tester can be used to analyze the cause of component failure for reproducibility tests, and study the corrosion mechanism.
Types of corrosion meter
1. Corrosion velocity meter
Corrosion velocity meter is developed by the combination of electrochemical linear polarization, weak polarization, and communication impedance techniques, and is specially used in the decaying environment where the medium resistance is large. The polarization resistance measured by the general linear polarization and weak polarization methods also includes the dielectric resistance of the decay system, and the calculated decay rate implies the error caused by the influence of the dielectric resistance, making the measured decay rate much smaller than the true decay rate. Using the communicating impedance method, a small high-frequency sinusoidal signal is applied to the decay system. The actual polarization resistance value is obtained by subtracting the dielectric resistance from the polarization resistance measured by linear polarization, and the decay rate is then correctly obtained.
2. Corrosion inhibitor rapid meter
Corrosion inhibitor rapid meter is capable of correctly monitoring changes in system decay rates and is particularly suitable for rapid evaluation and screening of corrosion inhibitors. It provides a rapid and effective means of evaluating the corrosion inhibition performance of agents. The instrument adopts the electrochemical weak polarization principle combined with the communication impedance measurement technique, which effectively removes the influence of the IR drop of the solution resistance through the high-frequency area measurement and makes the measurement more correct.
3. High-temperature resistance probe corrosion meter
High-temperature resistance probe corrosion monitor is a monitoring facility developed for the petrochemical industry in the processing of high-sulfur crude oil at high temperature, corrosion problems, and development. It adopts electronic technology and new high-temperature-resistant probe sealing material to develop and develop a 350 ℃ ~ 400 ℃ resistance probe and online measurement detection instrument to monitor the high-temperature part of the decay situation at any time to recognize the decay behavior.
4. Anti-corrosion coating rapid meter
Anti-corrosion coating rapid meter adopts the principle of electric couple corrosion measurement. A coated Galvani probe is placed in an operating environment or in an environment that accelerates coating damage, such as acid, alkali, or salt solutions. The performance of the coating is evaluated by monitoring the generation and change of the galvanic current of the galvanic probe. It can be used for the research and evaluation of metal coating performance and is also suitable for the research and measurement of galvanic corrosion in the atmosphere, seawater, soil, petrochemical industry, etc.
5. Cathodic protection meter
Cathodic protection meter
is suitable for real-time monitoring and automatic storage and recording of cathodic protection potential of underground oil, gas, and water transmission pipelines. Power-down protection for measurement data. The data can be transferred to a computer for processing, and the measurement of cathodic protection potential can also be carried out at multiple addresses and stored and recorded by number, providing reliable measurement means and a basis for mastering the cathodic protection dispersion and taking corresponding precautionary measures.
6. Atmospheric corrosion meter
Atmospheric corrosion meter is designed based on the principle of galvanic corrosion in corrosion electrochemistry, using two metal materials with different potentials to form two sets of electrodes of a galvanic corrosion sensor, the sensor, and the atmospheric environment constitute a corrosion system, when there is a liquid film generated between the two metal electrodes, it will form a corrosion primary cell, generating galvanic corrosion current. Through the high-sensitivity galvanometer detection of the obtained galvanic corrosion current to reflect the corrosion state of the material in the environment. It has been considered an effective research tool in the electrochemical study of atmospheric corrosion.
Corrosion meter advantages
Corrosion meters have the advantages of stable performance, advanced technology and easy operation. It can either measure manually or automatically at regular intervals, its results are saved and not lost when power is lost, the average value can be calculated, the recorded data and the plotted curves can be displayed. Through the serial interface and the computer can realize real-time communication, in the PC can timely display corrosion rate, pitting, average corrosion and other parameters, record data, draw tables and curves to make the process and results more intuitive. Can also be measured in the instrument after the end of the recorded data transmitted to the computer. Output 4-20mA corrosion transmission signal. At present, mainly used for on-site water quality on carbon steel, copper, copper alloy and stainless steel metal corrosion rapid monitoring. Application of modern corrosion electrochemical theory, the use of advanced electronic technology, with a beautiful appearance, LCD display, easy to operate and other characteristics of the corrosion rate online test instrument.
Corrosion meter specifications and features
Benchtop corrosion meter
|Power supply||AC(220±10%)V, 50Hz
|Relative humidity|| ≤85%
|Temperature control range||Room temperature～100.0℃
|Temperature control accuracy||±0.5℃
|Stirring motor speed||1400r/min
|Overall power consumption||not more than 1700W
1. Benchtop corrosion meter adopts the form of desktop structure, the water bath adopts the motor automatic stirring, the water bath temperature is controlled by the digital temperature control instrument, the water bath temperature is uniform, high precision temperature control.
2. The test cylinder is made of stainless steel, pressure-resistant, and corrosion-resistant, all to meet the requirements of the test.
3. Accessories complete, with imported standard color plate and standard test copper, simple operation, easy to use.
Copper sheet corrosion tester
|Working power|| AC220V+10%, 50Hz
|Temperature control range|| room temperature~150℃
|Temperature control accuracy|| earth 1℃
|Display mode|| LED digital display
|Temperature control heating power||600W
|Auxiliary heating power||1000W
|Number of measurement samples||4~12
|Ambient temperature||5°C~ 40°C
|Power consumption of the machine||not more than 1800W
1. Copper sheet corrosion tester equipped with intelligent measurement and control system with self-diagnostic function, test bath with precise temperature control of the metal bath.
2. Copper corrosion test time can be set and alarmed, using PID temperature control technology.
How to use corrosion meter?
a. Before using corrosion test meter, you should read the instruction manual carefully.
b. Check the working condition of the corrosion tester, which should conform to the working environment and working conditions specified in the manual.
c. Check the corrosion meter shell, must be in a good grounding state.
d. Should first check the instrument has no damage, as well as the complete set of the machine, and then check whether the fasteners are loose, whether the plug-in is inserted, and everything is correct, add water, oil, or mixed liquid in the tub.
e. After turning on the machine, according to the temperature requirement of the test method, press the function key of the temperature control instrument to set the corresponding temperature value, and press the dial on the time relay to preset the time value specified in the test method. Turn on the stirring switch, temperature control heating switch, and auxiliary heating switch.
f. As the initial bath temperature rises faster, the stirring device to the bath constantly stirs, and the temperature in the tub gradually tends to uniform, until the bath temperature is close to the set temperature (1 ℃ lower) auxiliary heating automatically shut down, the heating switch on the light goes out, thereafter the temperature control heating into the self-tuning state, the light began to flash, after a few cycles, the temperature will stabilize.
g. When the bath temperature reaches the requirements of the test method, the test piece is into the body, and then hang the body on the lid, subsequently, the sealed test bullet hanging on the lid, and the test bullet is into the bath box, while turning on the timing switch to start timing, test time to, the sound device alarm, turn off the timing switch, this time should be immediately removed from the specimen, assess the corrosion level.
Precautions for using corrosion meter
1. Corrosion meter should pay attention to safety when used, access to the instrument's power line should have a good grounding end, phase line and grounding line do not make a mistake, to ensure that the instrument shell and power line grounding end contact well.
2. In the replacement of the fuse tube or other electrical components, should first cut off the power supply (fuse tube placed in the power socket), do not operate with electricity.
3. In the use of corrosion, the tester should pay attention to the plug-in contact good. If the temperature sensor is damaged or not connected to the chassis, the PV display window of the temperature controller will have no digital display.
4. If the auxiliary heating is opened, the temperature rise is slow, indicating that the 1000W heating tube burned out or control the heating tube of the silicon damage, which can be checked and replaced.
How to buy corrosion meter?
ANTITECK provide lab equipment, lab consumable, manufacturing equipment in life sciences sector.
If you are interested in our corrosion meter or have any questions, please write an e-mail to email@example.com, we will reply to you as soon as possible.