What is dry heat sterilizer?
Dry heat sterilizer is standard equipment for laboratory sterilization by dry heat air, also called hot air sterilizer. Dry hot air sterilization is a method to kill microorganisms or eliminate pyrogens by heating the items to be sterilized in dry air to a temperature sufficient to kill bacteria. Dry heat sterilizers have outstanding sterilization efficiency and can kill reproductive bacteria.
Heat sterilizer machines are now widely used for sterilization of laboratory instruments, production of preparations, and bacterial sterilization of production equipment.
Dry heat sterilizer working principle
The working principle of dry heat sterilization instrument
is to use the most advanced carbon fiber far infrared heating tube as the heat source so that the sterilization chamber can quickly reach the preset temperature. It also adopts an advanced air vortex machine and unique air duct design, thus better realizing forced convection and making the temperature more balanced. The sterilizing agent is usually hot air at the moisture level of the product being sterilized. Dry heat sterilization is to make the microorganism oxidized instead of protein denaturation, to achieve the purpose of sterilization.
Structure of dry heat sterilizer
The structure of dry heat sterilizer is mainly composed of the following parts,
1. High efficiency filter
In the dry heat sterilizer, the incoming air should pass through high efficiency filter, high efficiency filter is needed to remove the dust material generated in the internal air circulation system, and high efficiency filter can also be installed to prevent the pollution of the backflow of exhaust air.
2. Operating chain control system
The chain control system in the dry heat sterilizer is equipped with door chain control system, pressure sensor, temperature sensor, chain control device for controlling and stopping the operation of the conveyor belt, etc. This can ensure that the sterilized goods are prevented from passing through the sterilizer at a temperature lower than the sterilization temperature when the temperature is lower than the design requirement under any circumstances.
3. Conveyor (only for continuous method)
The speed of the conveyor belt is a very important factor influencing the sterilization effect in a continuous conveyor dry heat sterilization system.
4. Temperature controller and recorder
In the dry heat sterilization system, the temperature detection, sensing, control, and recording system is the basis of the whole sterilization process control. The control system must ensure that the sterilization temperature in the chamber of the sterilizer can be maintained within the set sterilization temperature range, and the recording system must record the temperature readings of the temperature detection and sensing system accurately and clearly.
The fan has a great influence on the air circulation in the dry heat sterilizer, and the air volume of the fan should be measurable and adjustable.
The heater is the main component of the dry heat sterilizer and has great influence on the sterilization effect.
7. Buffer plates, dampers, air regulators, or air stalls
Buffer plates or air stalls are used to control the airflow of the dry heat sterilizer and are mostly installed near the inlet or exhaust air ducts or heaters. Airflow regulators for positive pressure control can be installed near the high-efficiency filters in the exhaust system to prevent backflow air pollution and control the positive pressure by controlling the exhaust air volume, or airflow regulators can be used to control the inlet and exhaust air volumes to maintain positive pressure.
Advantages of using dry heat sterilizer
1. After dry heat sterilization
, the instruments are free of moisture and remain dry, so the sterilization effect is reliable, easy to use, and not easy to cause contamination. Metal instruments do not rust in the process of preservation.
2. After dry heat sterilization, the knife and scissors can still maintain the sharpness of the edge and do not affect the use.
3. The dry heat sterilization process gradually increases the temperature, which does not cause the glass equipment to break.
4. Oils, petroleum jelly and powders are steam-isolated items, and dry heat allows them to be sterilized.
Dry heat sterilizer temperature
The temperature setting of the dry sterilizer is generally determined by the properties of the items to be sterilized
In general, if the dry heat sterilization is performed on common items, then the optimum temperature is 160°C and the time lasts for 2 hours. If it is to sterilize glass syringes and other items, the optimum temperature is 170°C and the sterilization time is 1 hour. The methods of dry heat sterilization are dry baking, cauterization or incineration, infrared, microwave and so on.
Temperature and time required for dry heat sterilization of some items
|Ophthalmic instruments, sharp knives, and scissors||150||60
|Injection of oil||150||120
|Glycerin, liquid paraffin||150-160||60-120
|Petroleum jelly, powder||160||60
|Test tubes, pipettes, syringes||160-180||30-60
|Pipette in metal tube||160||120
Types of dry heat sterilizer
1. Dry heat sterilizers are classified according to the way they are used
Dry heat sterilizers can be divided into continuous dry heat sterilizers and batch dry heat sterilizers according to the mode of use.
* Batch dry heat sterilization equipment, such as dry heat ovens, can be used for sterilization and de-thermalization of glass and metal instruments for endotoxin testing, as well as sterilization and de-thermalization of production equipment components and production instruments.
* Continuous dry heat sterilization equipment, such as tunnel ovens, can be used for the production of small volume injections.
2. Dry heat sterilizers can be classified according to the heating method
* Thermal radiation dry heat sterilizer, mainly radiation heating thermal laminar.
* Forced-air heat sterilizer, mainly convection heating.
Dry heat sterilizer specifications
Large dry heat sterilizer
|Circulating air volume frequency adjustment||4000m³/h
|Supplementary air volume frequency adjustment||504m³/h
|Cooling water consumption||250kg/batch
1. Large dry heat sterilizer can realize the dynamic hundred levels and excellent temperature uniformity.
2. The motorized door adopts a stable starting and closing system and adopts the vacuum sealing method, which is simple and practical and effectively avoids the contamination of sterilized goods.
3. The internal laminate of the chamber adopts a unique hole distribution to control the horizontal laminar airflow, which effectively improves the heat utilization rate and temperature uniformity.
4. An advanced automatic control system is adapted to automatically control the temperature and maintain the positive pressure system inside the chamber. Effectively ensure the safety of the equipment.
Small dry heat sterilizer
|Heater||Stainless steel heating tube
|Power supply current||AC220V/3.6A
1. Small dry heat sterilizer uses convenient operation, using electrostatic spraying, corrosion-resistant and high temperature, and long service life.
2. Timing starts/stop function, precise temperature control, multi-functional work support.
3. High-cost performance, green energy saving, small fluctuation.
Benchtop dry heat sterilizer
|Temperature control range ||10-250 ℃
|Supply Voltage||1Ø 220V 50Hz
1. Benchtop dry heat sterilizer adopts stainless steel tube ring-type heater.
2. Microcomputer intelligent P.I.D. temperature controller, temperature control. Can run continuously or at regular intervals
3. The outer box material is made of cold-rolled steel plate with surface spraying, and the inner material is made of SUS stainless steel plate.
4. Equipped with no glass inner door, outer door with observation window.
5. Back air inlet and outlet.
6. The inner box is designed with a circular arc structure, which is easy to clean.
How to use dry heat sterilizer?
When using the dry heat sterilizer, first put the Petri dishes, pipettes, test tubes, and other glass equipment into the box after packaging, and then close the door to heat. When the temperature rises to 160-170℃, keep this temperature for two hours. After reaching the time, stop heating and wait for the temperature to drop naturally to below 40℃ before opening the door to take things, otherwise, the sudden entry of cold air will easily cause glass fracture, and the hot air overflow will often burn the skin of the person taking things. General pipettes, test tubes, Petri dishes, petroleum jelly, liquid paraffin, etc. can be sterilized by this method.
Precautions for using dry heat sterilizer
1. The dry heat sterilizer should not be used under high voltage, high current and strong magnetic field conditions to avoid interference and the risk of electric shock.
2. Electroplated parts and surface decoration paint should be kept clean frequently, and if they are not used for a long time, neutral grease or petroleum jelly should be applied on the electroplated parts to prevent corrosion.
3. The shell of the dry heat sterilizer must be effectively grounded, and the power should be turned off after use.
4. The sterilization box should be placed in a room with good ventilation, and no flammable and explosive items should be placed around it.
5. The sterilization box is not explosion-proof and no flammable and explosive items should be placed.
6. Do not overcrowd the box and leave space for hot air circulation and disinfection.
How to order dry heat sterilizer?
ANTITECK provide lab equipment, lab consumable, manufacturing equipment in life sciences sector.
If you are interested in our dry heat sterilizer or have any questions, please write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will reply to you as soon as possible.