What is electrolyte analyzer?
is used to detect potassium, sodium, chloride, calcium, and lithium ions from samples. Samples can be whole blood, serum, plasma, urine, dialysate, and hydrated fluids. Therefore, electrolyte analyzers are indispensable scientific instruments in clinical testing.
Application of electrolyte analyzer
is mainly used in laboratory experimental analysis, In the medical field, in clinical testing, is indispensable equipment, in clinical it is mainly tested to maintain human blood. It is important to test and detect ions in patients who need a large amount of balanced rehydration in surgery, burns, diarrhea, acute heart attack, etc. The instrument has high precision and accuracy, and the results measured for any sample are accurate, reliable, fast, and very easy to operate. Therefore, ion testing is a must for hospitals at all levels of common equipment.
Electrolyte analyzer working principle
The working principle of electrolyte analyzer is as follows.
are available with ion-selective electrode
measurements for accurate detection. Electrolyte analyzers have six electrodes: sodium, potassium, chloride, ionized calcium, lithium, and reference electrodes. Each electrode has an ion-selective membrane that reacts with the corresponding ion in the sample being measured. The membrane is an ion exchanger that reacts with the ion charge and changes the membrane potential to detect the potential between the liquid, the sample, and the membrane. The difference between the two detected potentials on both sides of the membrane generates a current, with the sample, the reference electrode, and the reference electrode liquid forming a "circuit" on one side, and the membrane, the internal electrode liquid, and the internal electrode on the other.
The difference in ion concentration between the internal electrode fluid and the sample generates an electrochemical voltage on both sides of the membrane at the working electrode, which is directed to the amplifier through the highly conductive internal electrode, and to the reference electrode, which is also directed to the amplifier site. The ion concentration in the sample is detected by testing an accurate standard solution of known ion concentration to obtain a calibration curve.
Ion migration occurs within the aqueous layer of the ion-selective electrode matrix when the measured ions in the solution come into contact with the electrode. The change in charge of the migrating ions has an electrical potential, thus changing the potential between the membrane surfaces and creating a potential difference between the measurement electrode and the reference electrode.
Basic structure of electrolyte analyzer
Electrolyte analyzer usually consists of electrodes, piping system, circuit system, display, and printer. At present, most of the electrodes used in the electrolyte analyzer are made into an integrated structure with the measuring capillary, and the microelectrode is set at 90° with the measuring capillary, which has the advantage that the measuring capillary is not easy to be plugged.
Electrolyte analyzer features
1. The use of electrolyte analyzer deproteinization solution can be processed automatically at regular intervals, which can automatically remove pipeline protein adsorption without clogging, have more stable electrode performance, and more accurate testing.
2. Electrolyte analyzer has a liquid detection program, which can automatically identify and prompt errors in the injection process, ensuring the accuracy of the injection and measurement.
3. The electrolyte analyzer has a photoelectric positioning liquid distribution valve, which has the advantages of high integration, a simplified flow path, and easy maintenance.
4. The electrolyte analyzer automatically performs quality control data processing and automatically calculates and prints mean SD and CV values.
5. The electrolyte analyzer can transfer data in batches and share the test results in the laboratory via RS-232C standard port or USB2.0 standard port and is equipped with database management software for easy query and real-time sharing.
Electrolyte analyzer specifications
Fully automated electrolyte analyzer
|Sample size|| 60ul～300ul
|Measurement time||≤45 s
|Measurement speed||≤25 s
|Operating temperature|| +5℃～+35℃
|Working humidity ||≤85%
|Power supply||AC220±22V 50Hz±lHz
|Measurement repeatability/precision CV (%)||Accuracy|
|Carrying contamination rate
Dry electrolyte analyzer
|Sample size||6x test items +38uL
|Simultaneous measurement|| 3 single test strips or one multiple test strip
|Data storage capacity|| 100 test results
|Power source||AC100-120V, 220-240V 50/60Hz
Electrolyte analyzer - sample collection and handling
1. When using an electrolyte analyzer, basic precautionary rules must be followed when collecting samples. All blood samples are potentially infectious. Proper blood collection techniques are necessary to reduce possible laboratory hazards. Gloves are essential when handling blood and other body fluids.
2. For whole blood and plasma, the addition of balanced heparin, the recommended anticoagulant, will not affect electrolyte values. Sodium heparin is also acceptable but constrains ionized calcium, which causes a decrease in the range of measured values. Other anticoagulants such as EDTA, citrate, oxalate, and fluoride have important effects on blood electrolytes and should not be used. For serum samples, containers do not require additives.
3. Sample collection and processing must be done by a professional.
a. Serum and plasma samples stored in the refrigerator may be used for analysis provided they are allowed to return to room temperature before analysis.
b. Serum samples should be prepared without the addition of substances that would cause errors in the measurement.
c. The use of a tourniquet can cause a 10-20% increase in potassium levels and it is recommended that a tourniquet not be used during blood collection or that it be released before the needle is inserted and removed after two minutes.
d. Because intracellular potassium concentrations in red blood cells are much higher than extracellular ones, hemolysis must be avoided and isolated from the cells after collection if possible.
How to use electrolyte analyzer?
1. Electrolyte analyzer
power on into the system self-test, test the main components of the function is normal, such as instrument motherboard, printer, liquid circuit detection, distribution valve, and valve detector, etc., can be intelligent identification to determine the fault, automatic prompt.
2. Enter activation electrode program, with electrode activation timing function, precisely grasp the activation time to improve the service life of the electrode and ensure the stability of the electrode. The time is 30 minutes countdown, you can press the NO key to exit the activation electrode program directly.
3. Enter the main menu, first of all, the system calibration, which can automatically select the base point and slope calibration (can also choose to exit without calibration, convenient for maintenance, but can not be directly measured serum specimens).
4. Select QC analysis, after more than 5 times of QC tests, the QC report can be generated and printed automatically, and the mean, standard deviation, and coefficient of variation of the QC times done can be calculated.
How to calibrate electrolyte analyzer?
To ensure stable and reliable operation of the electrolyte machine. It is essential to calibrate and evaluate the performance of the electrolyte analyzer regularly,
The following is the calibration procedure for electrolyte analyzers.
Before calibrating the electrolyte analyzer, prepare the instruments to be used for calibration: quasi-control serum, volumetric flask, and indexing pipette (5 mL).
Visually inspect the instrument's paint, plating, and glass components. Manually each knob, opening, and sample table, and check the connection and solid parts of the instrument: Check whether the technical documents of the instrument are complete and the marking is correct.
Preparation before calibration.
Turn on the power of electrolyte analyzer and warm up for 30 minutes, then check whether the instrument works normally.
The temperature equilibration time of electrolyte analyzer and standard biochemical reagents in the testing room should be not less than 2 hours.
a. Standard biochemical reagents are used for the accuracy testing of electrolyte analyzers, which can be done with multi-item standard quality control sera. However, the same type of standard quality control serum should be used in one test; the duplicate solution and dilution of the standard quality control serum should be under the requirements in its instructions for use.
b. Take 5mL of standard quality control serum, add 5ml of reagent, note: reagent cannot be replaced by other liquids), and place in a 5mL volumetric flask.
c. Mix the serum in the volumetric flask well and shake for at least 30 seconds.
d. Measure the standard biochemical reagents by electrolyte analyzer according to the conventional test method, and measure four times consecutively, discard the first measurement value, record the last three measurements in the original record, and take the average of the three measurements as the measurement result.
Adjust the analyzer, disconnect the switch and then restart it, measure the standard biochemical reagents, repeat the measurement five times, and record the results.
Care should be taken in the testing to clean the sampler in each measurement interval to avoid contamination.
The calibration test was carried out according to the calibration method. The test results show that: the calibration method of electrolyte analyzer is simple and easy to implement, and the evaluation results of each index are basically in line with the design performance of the instrument and the needs of the actual testing work.
Safety precautions for electrolyte analyzers
Operating precautions for electrolyte analyzer
1. The electrolyte analyzer can not inhale air bubbles in the process of sample inhalation, otherwise, it will cause unreliable results.
2. Not all commercially available quality control sera are suitable for ion electrode measurement. Some manufacturers' quality control sera contain more additives, which often interfere with the measurement of ion method.
3. Electrolyte analyzer can be analyzed by inhaling samples directly from the serum separation tube, but when inhaling samples, take care not to inhale clots, which may block the pipeline.
4. If the change in ambient temperature is greater than 10 degrees, the calibration must be recalibrated once.
5. Keep the pH of the standard solution and the sample between 6 and 9, otherwise, it will interfere with the determination of sodium content.
6. Do not use solutions that are moldy and cloudy with precipitation. Once the solution is found to deteriorate, it should be discarded to avoid affecting the analysis results.
7. In conjunction with clinical response, the user should give due consideration to factors that may affect the results, as there are uncertain conflicting effects of drug use or intrinsic substances. The laboratory and clinician must estimate the results based on the clinical presentation of the patient.
8. Ensure that routine maintenance is performed as required by the instructions.
9. Each electrode is printed with a number, please take care to protect it, no quality guarantee will be recognized for any electrode that cannot be identified with a number.
Safety precautions for electrolyte analyzer
1. The 220V voltage in the back box of the electrolyte analyzer is dangerous to personal safety, so do not open the back cover of the instrument until the power is unplugged.
2. Since the samples may contain pathogenic bacteria or viruses, all replaced connection tubes, pump tubes, electrodes and waste collection bottles of the electrolyte analyzer should be disposed of after special treatment.
3. The operator should disinfect the hands after completing the operation according to professional requirements.
How to order electrolyte analyzer?
ANTITECK provide lab equipment, lab consumable, manufacturing equipment in life sciences sector.
If you are interested in our electrolyte analyzer or have any questions, please write an e-mail to email@example.com, we will reply to you as soon as possible.