What is epoxy cement?
, also known as epoxy resin cement
, is made of epoxy resin as the main agent, with a series of additives such as accelerator, etc., which is mixed and cured to form a high strength, high bonding solid.
Epoxy cement glue is a kind of epoxy flooring in the coating, is composed of epoxy resin and ethylene diamine curing agent, add epoxy filler, epoxy cement is widely used in the epoxy flooring in the coating, putty, and buildings, metal structure repair and surface treatment, etc. Epoxy mud has stable chemical properties, good corrosion and weather resistance, and has the characteristics of stable chemical properties, good corrosion weather resistance, high adhesion, high compressive strength.
Application of epoxy cement
a. Epoxy leveling compound can be used to protect the flowing surfaces of hydraulic buildings against severe friction, cavitation, and freeze-thaw, and to repair damage afterward.
b. Epoxy cement is used for repairing, strengthening, and reinforcing concrete buildings.
c. Epoxy cement glue is used for the treatment of cracks, honeycombs, holes, and exposed reinforcement bundles on the surface of concrete structures such as beams, columns, and abutments.
d. Epoxy on cement can be applied to runways, roads, bridges, tunnels, workshops, and other engineering parts of wear and repair.
e. Epoxy cement is suitable for steel structures and concrete bonding to make a wear-resistant floor. In the steel bonding and carbon fiber bonding process, the bottom layer should be flat.
f. Epoxy cement glue is used in chemical, petroleum, factories, docks, and other concrete or metal components of acid, alkali, salt corrosion protection and repair, sewage treatment ponds, acid, alkali-resistant ground, glass fiber reinforced plastic anti-corrosion, and other chemical anti-corrosion industry.
g. Epoxy leveling compound is suitable for sealing, anti-corrosion, repair, reinforcement, and blocking of the interfaces of underground pipelines, hydroelectric power stations, dam bases, etc.
h. Epoxy cement is used for bonding all kinds of homogeneous or heterogeneous materials, such as metal, wood, ceramics, glass, jade, stone, etc.
Epoxy cement advantages
1. Epoxy cement is chemically stable and has good corrosion and weather resistance.
2. Epoxy resin cement has high adhesive strength, high compressive strength and is not limited by the shape of the structure, and has a reinforcing and strengthening effect.
3. Epoxy cement glue has excellent mechanical properties, strong bonding with concrete, high strength, and reinforcement effect.
4. Epoxy cement for concrete has particularly good flexibility and impact resistance, can resist the deformation caused by external forces, reduce the internal stresses that occur in the system, and improve the adaptability of the material.
5. The coefficient of thermal expansion of Epoxy over cement is smaller than that of concrete, so it cannot be separated from these bonded substrates, except that Epoxy cement can resist seepage, frost, salt, alkaline and weak acid corrosion, and has strong adhesion to various materials.
Types of epoxy cement
Epoxy cement can be divided into solvent-type epoxy cement and water emulsion-type epoxy cement
Solvent-type epoxy cement
Solvent-type epoxy cement material preparation can be done as follows.
A material: B material: C material = 1:3:16, first A material and B material following the ratio of 1:3 into the barrel stirring and mixing, and then slowly add C material while stirring, until mixed into a uniform mud-like.
A material and B material will be slightly layered after a long time, so shake well before application.
It is strictly forbidden to apply mud which is not evenly mixed or in the initial setting state.
Water emulsion-type epoxy cement
Water emulsion type epoxy cement is formulated from water emulsion epoxy resin with concrete
, fine mineral aggregates and organic additives, and synthetic polymers. It ensures the early and final strength of the mortar and other important properties needed for repairing concrete and is suitable for repairing concrete peeling caused by corrosion of reinforcement.
It is also suitable for repairing defects in general concrete components such as honeycomb holes and their cement paste outflow. Some epoxy mortars are used simply for aesthetic reasons to carry out decorative repairs to concrete that does not contain reinforcement and has no load-bearing function or to maintain and re-establish its structural stability and function.
The repair of damaged reinforced concrete structures is carried out. Epoxy resin mortar belongs to the concrete repair system of the mix, used in such as roads and bridges, parking lots, tunnels, chimneys, cesspools, etc. repair and restoration.
High compressive strength and fast drying
Good bonding strength, the firm combination of old and new surfaces
High-temperature resistance, good thermal shock resistance
High alkali resistance, UV resistance
Wet substrate construction
Abrasion resistance, cavitation resistance, and freeze-thaw protection of the overflow surface of hydraulic buildings, as well as the repair after damage.
Epoxy cement specifications and features
|Color after mixing||black
|Tensile bond strength||﹥5-8MPA
|Abrasion resistance||8.0h - m2/kg
|Modulus of elasticity||2300
1. Epoxy cement in the static state of the material is not easy to flow gel state, even if applied to the top or side grooves, holes and other materials will not produce deformation, hanging and other phenomena, easy to ensure the quality of construction; when stirred, extrusion and other shear action, is a good flow of fluid flow state, easy to operate the construction.
2. The main mechanical properties are excellent, and the concrete is firmly bonded and not easily cracked on the bonded surface.
3. Good matching with concrete, good anti-aging and anti-carbonation properties, so that the coating can be synchronized with the concrete in different temperatures deformation, to avoid the material expansion and contraction differences caused by the interface stress too large and the coating debonding, cracking.
4. Excellent flexibility. With a low modulus of elasticity and good flexibility, can improve the impact resistance of the curing system, can resist the deformation caused by external forces, not easy to brittle damage.
Epoxy cement construction technology
Surface treatment of the base layer when using epoxy cement
The surface of concrete foundation should be implemented for treatment, removing emulsified skin, cement paste surface or loose particles on the foundation surface to reveal a solid foundation layer, and removing sand, dust, grease, etc. Surface view.
Epoxy cement material preparation
(1) Check the outer packaging, specifications, model and design production date of the product to ensure that the product is within the warranty period allowed by the manufacturer's home.
(2) Open the lid of the packaging barrel and check that the materials contained herein A, B and C are free from damage, spillage, moisture and caking. The assembly ratio in the barrel is material A:material B:material C= 1: 3: 25.
(3) When ingredients, first pour material A:B into the barrel in the ratio of 1:3 to mix evenly, and then slowly add on material C again afterwards while stirring, until mixed evenly into mortar.
Finally, when using epoxy cement, the substrate should be dry, solid, free of oil and debris, no loose, hollow drum and other phenomena. Construction should keep the construction environment air circulation. The amount of curing agent can be increased or decreased according to specific environmental factors. After construction, the apparatus should be cleaned with acetone immediately.
How to use epoxy cement?
Epoxy cement glue is a two-component (can also be made into three-component) solvent-free epoxy system, using epoxy resin, curing agent and hard filler composition of high strength, anti-abrasion, bonding firm new thin layer of repair materials. It is used directly for concrete substrate, mainly for filling small holes before the subsequent coating and for filling the irregular surface of concrete, the product has the function of bonding and repairing as well as plugging, sealing and anti-corrosion, with strong penetration (can penetrate into the surface of concrete).
The following is the use of epoxy cement.
Base surface treatment
Grind the concrete surface smoothly and remove the weak cement paste layer and dirt adhesion on the base surface, and remove the surface sand and dust with high pressure water or high pressure wind to make the surface exposed solid concrete.
Epoxy cement material preparation
Check the outer packaging of epoxy resin cement glue products, specifications, model, and production date to ensure that the products are within the shelf life specified by the manufacturer.
Open the lid of the epoxy mud packing barrel, and check that the A and B materials inside are not broken, spilled, or caked with moisture (the weight of A material is 25 kg, B material is 2.5 kg, A: B=10:1).
When mixing the epoxy mud, pour the B material into barrel A first and stir for 2-3 minutes until uniform.
The epoxy mud substrate should be solid, firm, flat, and of good integrity, the steel and concrete substrate should be made appropriate anti-corrosion isolation layer, anti-corrosion isolation layer should be made on a dry, solid, and flat base, and the substrate is firmly bonded, no bulge delamination and other quality defects, commonly used isolation layer of epoxy or polyester glass fiber reinforced plastic, or epoxy or polyester coating, after the use of a surface layer, the surface thinly sprinkled A layer of 0.5 ~ 1 mm of quartz sand particles. (General anti-corrosion isolation layer using glass fiber reinforced plastic with 0.2 mm thick untwisted roving glass cloth lining 2 layers).
Epoxy cement mixing
Mixing material can be used in clean, dry, and oil-free containers, mastic to be used with the mix, not too much material at one time. When mixing, take epoxy mud and epoxy mud curing agent according to the specified proportion, stir manually or mechanically until no dry powder exists, then continue to mix for one minute to ensure uniform mixing.
Precautions for using epoxy cement
1. Epoxy cement glue should be stored in a ventilated and cool place, and away from fire sources.
2. When transporting epoxy cement, prevent sun and rain and collision.
3. During the construction process of epoxy cement, we should strictly control the technical requirements of the process, and after each process is completed, we must pass the self-inspection, and then the site supervision and inspection before the next process.
4. When operating, the operator must be equipped with the necessary protective equipment, and strictly under the construction procedures for construction.
5. According to the actual situation at the site, the narrow space site operations should be kept ventilated and must be spare ventilation facilities.
6. In case of temporary sand and rain, the site must be covered with colorful cloth to avoid affecting the quality of epoxy cement coating.
7. After the painting process, if the coating is found to be not dense enough, hollow drum, or other reasons, it should be repaired immediately and qualified.
How to order epoxy cement?
ANTITECK provide lab equipment, lab consumable, manufacturing equipment in life sciences sector.
If you are interested in our epoxy cement or have any questions, please write an e-mail to email@example.com, we will reply to you as soon as possible.