1. What is lab spray dryer?
1.1. Lab spray dryer definition
1.2. Application of lab spray dryer
2. Advantages of using lab spray dryer
3. Types of lab spray dryer
3.1. High temperature lab spray dryer
3.2. Low temperature lab spray dryer
3.3. Organic solvent lab spray dryer
3.4. Centrifugal spray dryer
4. Lab spray dryer specifications
4.1. Mini/Benchtop lab spray dryer
4.2. Organic solvent lab spray dryer
4.3. High speed centrifugal spray dryer
5. How to use lab spray dryer?
6. Precautions for using lab spray dryer
7. How to order lab spray dryer?
What is lab spray dryer?
Lab spray dryer definition
Lab spray dryer
is a drying method that uses an atomizer to disperse the raw material liquid into droplets and obtains the product by drying the droplets with hot gas (air, nitrogen, or superheated water steam). The raw material liquid can be a solution, emulsion, suspension, molten liquid, or paste liquid. The dried product can be made into powder, granules, hollow balls, or agglomerates as needed.
Application of lab spray dryer
The application scope of the laboratory spray dryer is as follows:
1. Food industry: dense fat milk powder, arid milk powder, cocoa milk powder, milk substitute, pig blood powder, egg green (yolk), etc.
2. Food and plant: oats, chicken juice, coffee, instant tea, seasoned spiced meat, protein, soybean, peanut protein, hydrolysate, etc.
3. Sugar: corn pulp, corn starch, glucose, pectin, maltose, potassium sorbate, etc.
4. Plastic resin: AB, ABS emulsion, urea-formaldehyde resin, phenolic resin, dense glue (urea) formaldehyde resin, polyethylene, etc.
5. Chemical industry: sodium fluoride (potassium), alkaline dyestuff pigments, dyestuff intermediates, compound fertilizer, formaldehyde silicic acid, catalysts, sulfuric acid agent, amino acids, white carbon black, etc.. 6 ceramics: alumina, tile materials, magnesium oxide, etc.
Advantages of using lab spray dryer
The advantages of lab scale spray dryer
are mainly as follows
① Due to the large surface area of the droplet group, the drying time required for the material is very short (in seconds).
② In the high-temperature airflow, the temperature of the material wetted on the surface does not exceed the wet-bulb temperature of the drying medium and the temperature of the assembled product is not high due to rapid drying. Very suitable for heat-sensitive materials.
③ According to the flexibility of spray drying operation, it is possible to meet various product quality indexes, such as particle size distribution, product shape, product properties (dust-free, fluidity, wettability, quick solubility), product color, aroma, taste, biological activity and wet content of the final product.
④ Simplify the process flow. Spray drying
is easy to realize mechanization and automation, reduce dust flying and improve the labor environment.
Types of lab spray dryer
1. High-temperature lab spray dryer
High-temperature lab spray dryers can be further divided into glass (high borosilicate) devices and stainless steel devices.
* Advantages of the glass device: the reaction process of the material can be directly observed; high-cost performance.
* Disadvantages of glass device: not high temperature resistant; safety hazard of glass material.
* Advantages of stainless steel device: strong thermal conductivity, high-temperature resistance; anti-static, adsorption.
* Disadvantages of stainless steel device: poor intuition, can not see the material reaction process.
The stainless steel device can be further divided into two types the amount of organic solvent content, conventional type, and pass into the inert gas.
When the content of organic solvents reaches 60% or more, we need to pass into the inert gas (nitrogen). Spray drying of materials, to effectively avoid the reaction of active gases in the air with the materials to produce an explosion.
2. Low-temperature lab spray dryer
The low-temperature lab spray dryer is a spray drying of materials in an evacuated environment. It can both lower the boiling point of water and make it sublimate at 60-80℃, and protect the materials.
* Advantages of low-temperature spray dryer: It is suitable for heat-sensitive materials, such as ethanol, herbs that do not tolerate high temperature, food, etc.
* Disadvantages of low-temperature spray dryer: materials with a too high boiling point can not be dried by atomization or incomplete drying.
3. Organic solvent lab spray dryer
The self-priming peristaltic pump of the organic solvent lab spray dryer brings the sample liquid from the container through the nozzle into the drying chamber, while compressed nitrogen enters the drying chamber from the outer casing to particulate the liquid, the heated nitrogen enters from the upper layer to meet the sprayed liquid particles and the item begins to dry, the dried powder particles are separated from the exhaust gas through the cyclone and enter the collection bottle, the airflow containing organic vapor is cooled in the heat exchanger down, then the solvent is condensed and recovered in the refrigeration unit, and the clean nitrogen gas goes into the next cycle.
The material is dried and conveyed in the closed-circuit circulation system antioxidant environment, which plays the purpose of isolation from oxygen and ensures the quality of the dry production of peroxide material. The explosion-proof closed laboratory spray dryer enables the material to circulate in the closed drying system, which can avoid the contact between organic solvent gas and outside oxygen air, ensuring safe production and effectively solving the problem of difficult drying of flammable and explosive organic solvent materials.
4. Centrifugal spray dryer
The air passes through the filter and heater and enters the air distributor at the top of the centrifugal spray dryer, and the hot air enters the dryer in a spiral shape evenly. The material liquid is sent from the material liquid tank through the filter to the centrifugal atomizer on the top of the dryer by the pump, so that the material liquid is sprayed into small mist droplets, and the material liquid and the hot air come into contact in parallel, the moisture evaporates quickly and dries into finished products in a short time, and the finished products are discharged from the bottom of the drying tower and the cyclone separator, and the exhaust gas is discharged by the fan.
Lab spray dryer specifications
Mini/Benchtop lab spray dryer
|Type|| High-temperature lab spray dryer
|Inlet air temperature control|| 30-300℃
|Outlet air temperature control||30-140℃
|Evaporated water volume||1500ml/h-2000ml/h
|Maximum feed volume||2200ml/h
|Minimum feed volume||30ml/h
|Drying air flow rate|| 0-330m3/h
|Full pressure of drying air||686Pa
|Structure characteristics||Food-grade stainless steel machine and atomization device plus spray, drying, high borosilicate heat-resistant glass, and 304 stainless steel
* Mini/Benchtop lab spray dryer is made of food-grade stainless steel and the components are integrated, heavy anti-corrosion, easy to clean, under the special casters, and easy to move.
* More convenient operation: full-color touch LCD large screen operation and parameter process simulation display, fully automatic and sub-independent operation mode.
* Loosely cope with viscous materials: with nozzle cleaner (through-needle), which will automatically clear the nozzle when it is blocked, and the frequency of through-needle can be automatically adjusted.
Organic solvent lab spray dryer
|Inlet air temperature control||30～200℃
|Out of the air temperature control|| 30 ~ 140 ℃
|Maximum evaporated water volume|| 2000mL/H
|Maximum feeding volume|| 2000mL/H
|Feeding method|| Peristaltic pump adjustment
|Electric heater power|| 4KW AC220V single-phase grounding
|Fan||Power 0.4KW, maximum airflow 5.5m3 / min, maximum wind pressure 686Pa
|Nitrogen working pressure|| 2~5Bar
|Nozzle diameter|| 0.75mm
* Organic solvent lab spray dryer equipped with cooling equipment, secondary condensation of organic solvents, making it difficult for organic solvents to reach the ignition point while protecting the equipment to delay the life of the equipment.
* All stainless steel structure, reliable sealing, to prevent the leakage of toxic and harmful substances.
* Reasonable design, easy to clean; can use water or solvent to clean the pipeline.
High speed centrifugal spray dryer
|Type||Centrifugal spray dryer
|Inlet air temperature control||30 ℃ ~ 300 ℃
|Out of the air temperature control||30 ℃ ~ 140 ℃
|Evaporated water volume||10000ml/H
|Large feed volume||10000ml/h
|Small feeding volume||100mL
|Temperature control accuracy||±1 ℃
|Average drying time||1.0～1.5S
|Whole machine power||22KW /380V
|Stainless steel tank diameter||870mm
* The drying speed of high speed centrifugal spray dryer is fast, the surface area of the material liquid is greatly increased after atomization, and the water decoction can evaporate 95% of the water in the hot air flow, especially suitable for the drying of heat-sensitive materials.
* It is convenient to adjust and control, easy to realize automatic operation, and has good dispersibility, fluidity and solubility.
How to use lab spray dryer?
1. Peristaltic pump: click to open, peristaltic pump start, and then click to stop. Then close the automatic control of peristaltic pump operation, click the peristaltic pump automatic button green, and peristaltic pump automatically starts, you can set the value according to the temperature of the air out. Adjust the speed of the peristaltic pump, to adjust the peristaltic pump feed volume, so that the spray effect achieves good results.
2. Fan Control fan start and stop motor fan button area, the fan starts, click the fan stop button below to move to.
3. Through the needle control through the real start and stop click through the button green seven. Through the real start click below click below.
4. Air compressor control, control the air compressor start and stop. Click the air compressor button green air compressor start. Click below to turn it off.
5. Heater Control to control the electric heater start and stop. Click the heater button green heater start above. The button started to start the motor below the heater’s stopped. Button moves to stop. Note: The heater will not start until the fan is started. After the heater is closed the inlet air temperature is less than a degree fan automatically shut down.
6. Fan setting Set the rotation frequency of the extension. Press the value basket to bring up the numeric keypad, and press the button to clear the number to zero. Then enter the desired value and press the key to finish the modification.
7. Peristaltic pump manual Manual control of the peristaltic pump. Run click on the peristaltic pump automatic button green above. Peristaltic pump automatically starts to click the peristaltic pump stop below.
8. Through-needle setting The running frequency value is represented by the notification. A few seconds to start once by pressing the numeric keypad popped up by pressing the value box. Press the key to clear the number and enter the desired value two. The key modification is complete, out of the field has been set good value need not be set separately.
9. Peristaltic pump setting Set the peristaltic pump feeding volume. Press the value basket to pop up the numeric keypad. Case to clear the number, and then enter the desired value key modified.
10. Note: Click the control panel to enter interface two. Enter the temperature setting interface.
11. Inlet air temperature self-tuning tuning: adjust the inlet air temperature stability when and only when dry found. Inlet air temperature display value and inlet air temperature set value between a large bo. Need to carry out inlet air temperature auto-tuning. To ensure that the inlet air temperature setting value and the inlet air temperature display value to maintain consistent. You can observe the temperature curve window, there is a green curve the tends to be a straight line then the temperature is accurate. But if the temperature is still inaccurate click the auto-tuning button, and the inlet air temperature self-tuning start, self-tuning will automatically end after completion.
Precautions for using lab spray dryer
The following are precautions on the use of laboratory spray dryers:
1. Lab spray dryer should be placed on a dry indoor level to utilize, and the box shell must be effectively grounded.
2. Each lab dryer chamber is equipped with two wind-locked shelves for setting up test objects and can adjust the spacing of the whole shelves according to the size of the test objects, and the test objects should not be set up too densely to facilitate the circulation of hot atmosphere, and the test objects are not allowed to be set up above the bottom plate of the chamber to restrain the test objects from burning due to overheating.
3. When the machine is turned on, to obtain accelerated heating time, the heating switch will be played to high temperature, two groups of heaters are heated at the same time, and after reaching the constant temperature, the heating switch can be played to low temperature, leaving only one group of heaters to betray the flow of electricity consumption.
4. When the oxygen concentration does not reach 21%, it is strictly prohibited to open the inspection door, otherwise, it is easy to cause the operator to lack oxygen, resulting in asphyxiation.
How to order lab spray dryer?
ANTITECK provide lab equipment, lab consumable, manufacturing equipment in life sciences sector.
If you are interested in our lab spray dryer or have any questions, please write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will reply to you as soon as possible.