What is laboratory distiller?
Laboratory distiller definition
usually refers to laboratory water distiller
,which is the use of electric heating tap water to make pure water. Laboratory and other departments use distilled water apparatus is generally the use of high-quality stainless steel materials, after special treatment and processing. This not only fully guarantees the quality of distilled water, but also greatly improve the service life.
Application of laboratory distiller
Laboratory water distiller
is suitable for medicine and health, the chemical industry, scientific research units, and laboratories to make distilled water. High-quality stainless steel plate made by stamping, welding, polishing, and other processes, with corrosion resistance, aging resistance, ease of operation, long service life, and other characteristics. It is used to make pure water by heating tap water with electricity. By heating distilled water to produce steam, moisture meter, condensing into distilled water, can be widely used in pharmaceuticals, preparations, laboratories, laboratories, and other departments to use.
Laboratory distiller working principle
A variety of laboratory distillers
are used to prepare distilled water using the principle of liquid vaporization by heat and liquefaction by cold. Distillation is a thermodynamic separation process that takes advantage of the different boiling points of the components in a mixed liquid or liquid-solid system to evaporate the low-boiling component and then condensed and the complete component is separating in a single unit operation process, which is the combined of two unit actions: vaporization and condensation.Compared with other means of separation, such as extraction, adsorption, etc., it has the advantage of not using other solvents outside the system components, thus ensuring that no new impurities are introduced. The distiller is designed based on this theory.
Components of laboratory distiller
Laboratory distiller is mainly composed of three parts, an evaporation pot, condenser, and electrical device.
The heated water vapor is passed through this condenser device, and distilled water can be produced by cold heat exchange, or it can be disassembled.
When the water in the evaporator pot exceeds the bottom of the water-filling cup, it automatically overflows from the overflow pipe on the cup. The boiler body is disassembled, which is easy to wash the scale in the pot. There is a water release valve at the bottom, which is easy to release water or replace the stored water at any time.
Electric heating tube
This part is at the bottom inside the evaporation pot, and the electric heating tube is dipped into the water to heat it and make the water boil to get steam. The heating time depends on the power of the electric heater. The heating or not of the electric heater is realized by the electric control part. The electrical control part is composed of a high-power relay, temperature thermal switch, etc.
Types of laboratory distiller
Depending on the purification requirements of the target, the laboratory distillers can be simply divided into :
* Primary stills
* Double stills (more common)
* Triple distillers
* Multi-effect stills
Classification according to the material of the laboratory distiller:
* Glass water distiller
Glass water distiller can be divided into an ordinary glass and quartz glass. Quartz impurities are less, the water is very pure but very expensive.
Quartz glass water distiller generally has ordinary glass water distiller, generally only the evaporation pot is quartz, quartz water distiller, and quartz sub-boiling water distiller three kinds of distillation.
Stainless steel water distiller
Stainless steel water distillers can be divided into stainless steel water distillers and tower water distillers.
A general water distiller is a traditional stainless steel water distiller. The tower type is generally connected to the boiler to use the boiler steam to make distilled water, the general size is also larger, and the water output is the largest. The tower type is a double distiller.
Laboratory distiller specifications and features
Quartz glass distiller
|Water output||Water output 1600ml/h
Quartz glass distiller adopts quartz tube heating type, can play energy-saving, clean, high radiation rate advantages.The distiller is a relay protection device, which is safe and reliable to use. Effectively avoid the heating tube dry burn, and glass parts damage.
Stainless steel water distiller
Stainless steel water distiller has a water cut-off protection function, distilled water quality in line with laboratory water standards, acid and alkali corrosion resistance, the configuration of a two-way easy to control flow valve, and the second distillation.
How to use laboratory distiller?
The basic operation of the retort is divided into the following 5 steps:
1. Check whether the parts have been connected and tight.
2. Check whether the ground has been intervened before use, to confirm that the power is on.
3. Add the material to be distilled and reach the safe distillation position (for example, a distillation of pure water should be added to the safe water level), press the heating build to start heating distillation. At the same time open the condensing system (for example, condensing the circulating water system).
4. Use the receiving vessel to start picking up the distilled material, and round off the first 5-10min of the distilled material to ensure its purity of the distilled material and reduce pollution.
5. After use, the heating should be stopped, the condensing system should be turned off, and then the power should be turned off, preferably unplugged.
Precautions for using laboratory distiller
The following precautions should be taken when using laboratory water distillers.
1. The housing must be well grounded to avoid danger.
2. Wash the inside of the pot once before each use, drain the stored water and replace it with new water. Take care not to break the surface tin layer. If available, use deionized water instead of tap water.
3. The water source should not be interrupted during the working process, and the liquid level should always be maintained at the water level. If there is no water or very little water in the pot, the electric heating tube will burn out.
4. When replacing the electric heater, the gasket at the water connection must be lined to ensure that the seal does not leak, otherwise the water droplets attached to the head of the electric heater will cause accidents in which the insulation is pierced. The bolt connection between the wire and the electric heater should be pressed tightly, otherwise, the contact resistance will be too large to be seriously heated, and may also produce electric sparks to burn the head of the electric heater.
5. When sterilizing the liquid, the liquid should be filled in a hard heat-resistant glass bottle, and the volume of the liquid should not exceed 3/4 of the volume of the glass bottle. The mouth of the bottle should be stuffed with cotton gauze and wrapped with gauze rope around the neck of the bottle. Never use unperforated rubber stoppers and cork to prevent the glass bottle from bursting.
How to clean laboratory distiller dirt
1. Cut off the power supply and turn off the tap water.
2. Add 100ml of concentrated hydrochloric acid to the horizontal flask, and the bottle of water release hydrochloric acid, such as the accumulation of scale more hydrochloric acid can be added more, a few minutes later by the water level device released, assemble with a tap water rinse several times, to remove trace amounts of hydrochloric acid, the flask can be shaken back and forth, so that not easy to clean the dead-end rinse for on.
3. When distilled again, the water distilled within 10 minutes of the beginning of the distillation, is discarded.
4. Such as long-term use of serious scaling or in the addition of chemical reagents purification (such as potassium permanganate, etc.) produce pollution, 20% HF soaking treatment, but not for too long, depending on the distiller smooth prevail, soak after the deionized water rinse, balance purification.
5. For a longer period without distillers, all exports should be wrapped in filter paper to seal.
6. In daily work such as water or power failure please feel free to turn off the power to avoid damage to the laboratory distiller, well more likely to extend its service life.
How to maintain laboratory distiller?
1. Every day before use should be scrubbed inside the laboratory distiller once and will be drained of stored water, replace the fresh water, so as not to produce scale to reduce water quality, affecting the use of the effect. 2. impurities in the water source will be left after evaporation, especially the poor quality of tap water, and not treated, after evaporation, the pot will be left with precipitates < scale >, condensation on the wall of the barrel, the surface of the electric heater, the inner wall of the condenser shell, the return pipe And so on, over time, not only impede the smooth flow of water but also, affect the condensation effect, to reduce water production; for the electric heater, will also make its heat accumulation and shorten its service life.
2. Distilled water heater heating element is used to immerse the electric heating tube, its structure to nickel-chromium alloy as the main body of heat, buried in the center of the purple copper tube, surrounded by magnesium oxide potting as insulation. Therefore, once the water is broken, the heat issued cannot be absorbed by the water, which will make the purple copper tube sheath rupture and burn. Therefore, it must be submerged in water to use.
3. The distiller must be operated by a person responsible for the transfer of new operators and must be clear in detail.
4. The newly purchased distiller, should be cleaned first, and after more than eight hours of power evaporation, so that its internal clean. And then officially used to ensure that the water quality meets the requirements.
How to order laboratory distiller?
ANTITECK provide lab equipment, lab consumable, manufacturing equipment in life sciences sector.
If you are interested in our laboratory distiller or have any questions, please write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will reply to you as soon as possible.