What is laboratory mixer?
Laboratory mixer is essential equipment in a lab, it is lab mixing equipment to stir the liquid or solid mixture, the function of a lab mixer is to homogenize samples and prevent material from precipitating. Lab mixer is also a device for forcing convection and uniform mixing of liquid and gas media.
Application of laboratory mixer
As one of the most important auxiliary equipment in labs, laboratory mixer can be used in many fields. It is suitable for the chemical industry, light industry, pharmaceuticals, and building industries for multi-component solid-solid liquid, solid-liquid, liquid-liquid phase materials mixing, reaction, dispersion, dissolution, hardening, and tempering, and other processes. In addition, it is widely used in environmental monitoring, medical and health, petrochemical, metallurgy and other kinds of colleges and universities, scientific research, and production enterprises of the laboratory for mixing and extraction.
How do a laboratory mixer work?
Laboratory mixer utilize the principle of centrifugation, the suspended particles gradually sink due to the force of gravity when the suspension containing fine particles is stationary. The heavier the particle, the faster it sinks, on the contrary, particles less dense than the liquid will float up. The speed at which particles move in a gravitational field is related to the size, shape, and density of the particles and is in turn related to the gravitational field and the viscosity of the liquid.
When a laboratory mixer is in operation its internal mixing paddles are driven by the power unit and rotate in a fixed direction, the material is used to do axial rotation and radial rotation in the process of rotation. And the material in the lab mixer is also in an axial and circular motion so that the material can be effectively dispersed and stirred in the form of shear and diffusion stirring. Therefore, the material can be mixed and homogeneous and experimental results are more accurate.
Types of laboratory mixer
There are main four types of laboratory mixer which can be used in labs:
Artificial mixer-glass rod
Artificial mixer is generally possible with the help of a glass rod, it is a traditional stirring method that can be used to stir to accelerate the dissolution of solutes, and promote mutual dissolution. Glass rod is suitable for simple experiment items, and it is most common in middle school experiment.
Laboratory magnetic mixer
Laboratory magnetic mixer is a lab instrument that uses for liquid mixing, it is mainly used for stirring or simultaneously heating low viscosity liquid or solid-liquid mixtures. The basic working principle of a lab magnetic mixer is to utilize the “ like repel, opposites attract ” principle. The liquid in the lab magnetic mixer is stirred by using a magnetic field to drive a magnetic placed in a container in a circular motion. With the heating control system, the sample temperature can be heated and controlled according to the specific experimental requirements, which can maintain the temperature condition required by the experimental conditions. Therefore, the liquid mixture can be guaranteed to reach the experimental requirements.
1. Benchtop laboratory mixer
2. Digital display temperature control can reach up to 280℃
3. Rotor speed can reach to 1500rpm
4. Heating quickly
5. Stir evenly
6. Adjustable speed
7. Brushless DC motor
8. It is made of high temperature resistant magnetic steel, that is very resistant to chemical corrosion
9. Suitable for low viscosity liquid agitation or solid-liquid mixture agitation
10. Independent safety loop design, at any time when lab magnetic surface temperature exceeds 320℃ automatically stop heating, ensure laboratory safety
11. Equip an overheat warning function, that can protect the operator’s safety.
Mechanical laboratory mixer
Mechanical laboratory mixer is also a common device in the lab, they consist of a motor, agitator bar, and agitator seal device. The motor is the power part, fixed on the bracket, by the governor to adjust the speed of its rotation. The stirring rod is connected to the motor. When the power is switched on, the motor drives the stirring rod to rotate and stir. The stirring seal device is connecting the stirring rod and the reactor, which makes the reaction in the sealing system. The most widely used are digital vortex mixer and color screen coagulation test mixer.
1. Digital display
2. Penetrating stirrer
3. Carbon brushless motors
4. LED color screen with speed and time display
5. Using high-density die-cast aluminum, operating is more stable.
6. Various mixing blades are available
7. It is suitable for mixing low to medium to high viscosity liquids in the laboratory.
Vortex mixer use eccentric rotation to produce a vortex in the liquid container such as a test tube, so that can achieve the purpose of fully stirring. The characteristic of a digital vortex laboratory mixer is the speed of mixing is very fast. Liquid can be attached to the wall of the reagent solution all mixed through the shape of a vortex. Therefore, the vortex laboratory mixer is suitable for a general test tube, breaker, flask, liquid, and funnel liquid mixing evenly.
1. Streamlined design, the structure is compact.
2. Do not need to install, available out of the box.
3. The motor is high performance and low noise, that can ensure rapid and even mixing.
4. Speed can be controlled, the speed can be set from low to high.
5. It can adapt different tubes and container.
Mini vortex mixer
Mini vortex mixer is characterized by their small size and portability. Laboratory magnetic mixers and vortex laboratory mixers have mini models. Compared with conventional mixers, the function of a mini-laboratory is almost the same as that of ordinary mixers, but the capacity of mixing will be smaller. Therefore, it is suitable to be placed in a small laboratory space, the experimental quantity is not large.
1. Mini laboratory magnetic mixer
-- Miniature brushless motor
-- Tempered glass heating plate
-- The temperature can be adjusted in two models
-- Low noise
-- Equipped with speed adjustment button
-- Install heat dissipation hole, heat dissipation is fast
-- The bottom is anti-skid so it can run more stable
-- Small volume, easy to remove
2. Mini vortex laboratory mixer
-- The speed can reach 3000rpm
-- Waterproof grade is 3 can protect thr machine well
-- The base is made of zinc-aluminum material for more stable operation
-- Fast blending
-- Small volume, and easy to carry
-- Compatible with different sizes of test tubes
The mixing blade of laboratory mixer
The mixing blade is the most important part in laboratory mixer, In the process of experimental stirring, we should change different blades according to actual situation. Here are some common blades in laboratories:
Suitable for stirring low consistency of the liquid, suspension, emulsion, and other materials.
There are flat types and oblique types, suitable for low viscosity liquid, suspension, and solution stirring.
The shape of the blades closely resembles that of a ship's anchor, suitable for high viscosity. materials.
The blade is spiral banded, suitable for high viscosity liquid and quasi-plastic fluid mixing.
How to use laboratory mixer?
Because laboratory mixer is an essential device in lab, considering the safety problems, the operator should be familiar with correct operation of laboratory mixer, here are some points that you should notice and remember the methods to use laboratory mixer.
1. The operator should check whether accessories are complete before using the lab mixer, and then install the fixture in sequence. Then insert the sensor probe for standby application. Place the solution required for the experiment in a flask or breaker, and place the mixing blade in the solution, put it in the center of the heat collector.
2. Plugin the power supply and turn on the power switch. The laboratory stirrer indicator light indicates that the power supply is connected. Turn the speed control knob clockwise, then stir speed from slow to fast until up to the required speed.
3. Do not directly start laboratory mixer at high speed. Sudden high-speed rotation will cause lab mixer to be out of sync and cause the mixer to be not stable.
4. During in temperature setting, adjust temperature knob to the desired temperature, indicating a value of the scale and the solution actual temperature may have certain errors, If the accuracy of the solution temperature is high, it is necessary to measure the solution temperature with a thermometer, and then adjust the temperature knob to reach the set temperature. If there is no need for constant temperature, just adjust the temperature adjustment knob to below room temperature.
5. When the temperature value of the laboratory agitator is set above normal temperature, the heating indicator light will be on to indicate that the heater is working. When the solution temperature reaches the set temperature, the constant temperature indicator light indicates that it has been in a constant temperature state. When the temperature fluctuates, the two indicators switch automatically. This process is completed automatically without any operation.
6. If laboratory is not working, operators should cut off the power. To ensure safety, please connect the ground wire when using.
7. If a single stirring shaft does not rotate when the machine is running, please turn off the instrument switch and restart it. Adjust the speed from slow to fast to restore normal operation.
How to order vortex mixer?
ANTITECK provide lab equipment, lab consumable, manufacturing equipment in life sciences sector.
If you are interested in our vortex mixer or have any question, please write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will reply to you as soon as possible.