1. What is syringe pump?
1.1. Definition of syringe pump
1.2. Syringe pump application
2. Syringe pump working principle
3. Syringe pump parts and functions
4. Types of syringe pump
5. Syringe pump specifications
5.1. Micro syringe pump
5.2. Single syringe pump
5.3. Dual syringe pump
5.4. Veterinary syringe pump
6. Syringe pump and infusion pump
6.1. What is infusion pump?
6.2.The difference between syringe pump and infusion pump
6.3. Factors for choosing an infusion pump or syringe pump
7. How to use syringe pump?
8. Precautions for using syringe pump
9. How to buy syringe pump?
What is syringe pump?
Definition of syringe pump
is a kind of positive-diaphragm pump
, which consists of a stepper motor and its driver, a screw and a holder, etc. It has a reciprocating screw and a nut, so it is also called a screw pump. The nut is connected to the piston of the syringe, which holds the liquid to achieve high-precision, smooth, and pulsation-free liquid transfer.
Syringe pump application
are used in a wide range of applications, most of which require the transfer of small flows of liquids. Such as medical, laboratory, industrial, microfluidics, electrostatic spinning, mass spectrometry, industrial transport, and other fields.
Syringe pump working principle
When the syringe pump machine works, the microcontroller system sends out control pulses to rotate the stepper motor, and the stepper motor drives the screw to turn the rotational motion into linear motion to push the piston of the syringe for injection and infusion, achieving high precision, smooth and pulsation-free liquid transfer. The injection rate can be set by the operator through operation of the buttons on the syringe pump. The motor rotation detection circuit is a set of photo-coupled circuits that generate a pulse signal through the rotation of the motor, and this pulse signal is fed back to the CPU, which controls the motor voltage according to this feedback to obtain the set speed.
Syringe pump parts and functions
The syringe pump consists of the following four main components:
1. The main control module uses a microcontroller to realize the control of the whole system, including work control, parameter calculation, keyboard input status display, pressure detection, automatic labeling, and automatic alarm functions.
2. The power supply circuit is composed of power supply selection, charging part ,and voltage boosting part. The power supply circuit provides the working power of the components, can automatically switch between the internal and external power supply, and automatically charge the internal power supply when using an external power supply. When charging is complete, the charging cable is automatically disconnected. The internal power supply can also continue to supply power automatically if the external power supply fails.
3. The stepper motor connection module requires a motor control system that achieves high torque, low vibration levels, low noise, fast response, and efficient drive. Stepper motor distribution controller, to obtain quasi-sine wave drive current. The clock signal controls the speed of the stepper motor.
4. Mechanical drive principle. After getting the command from the central circuit, the stepper motor drive circuit gets the loading voltage and drives the stepper motor by a certain pulse excitation, the stepper motor does the rotation under a certain regular pulse frequency, and then the power source is driven to the secondary gearbox for deceleration, which makes the output speed further refined and transmitted to the screw, the screw is formed with the half-nut structure to form an external rolling spiral vice to accurately transmit the speed to the stopper. The spindle is formed with the half-nut structure and the speed is accurately transmitted to the stopper, providing a stable and accurate feed motion.
Types of syringe pump
Classification by usage
* Medical syringe pump
* Non-medical syringe pump
* Micro syringe pump for laboratory
* Industrial syringe pump
Classification by channel
* Single-channel syringe pump
* Multi-channel syringe pump
Classification by channel
* Single-channel syringe pump
* Multi-channel syringe pump
Classification by construction
* Split syringe pump
* Combination syringe pump
Syringe pump specifications
Micro syringe pump
|Number of actuating units||1
|Line speed range||1μm/min-13mm/min
|Resolution of line speed adjustment||1μm/min
|Stroke control accuracy||≤±0.5%
|Use of power supply|| AC 90V-260V/15W
|Working environment temperature|| 0℃-40℃
|Working environment relative humidity||<80%
Type: Medical syringe pump, split syringe pump, micro syringe pump for laboratory
1. Micro syringe pump is designed with the ID input function, you can select the syringe from the list or directly input the ID of the syringe.
2. Large LCD, digital knob, and membrane button, easy and fast operation.
3. When the propulsion mechanism of the syringe pump is blocked during the working process, the syringe pump will stop the work of the propulsion mechanism and sound the siren alarm.
Single syringe pump
|Flow rate accuracy||±2%
Type: Single-channel syringe pump, medical syringe pump
1. Single-channel syringe pump is small in size, compact and easy to move.
2. The data is visible, and visually appealing.
3. Two-position open/close design for easy syringe clamping.
Dual syringe pump
|Flow rate accuracy||±3%
|Power supply||AC 100-265V
Type: Multi-channel syringe pump, medical syringe pump
1. The syringe size can be detected automatically when dual syringe pump is turned on.
2. When the syringe pump is powered by AC power, the AC power indicator is on, and when the pump is powered by internal battery, the battery status indicator is on.
3. Configure time volume mode, you can specify an infusion volume and infusion time, and then the system can automatically calculate the injection speed.
Veterinary syringe pump
|Power supply||AC 220V 50Hz
|Injection speed range||0.1-200ml/h
|Maximum infusion pressure||0.135MPa
Types: Single-channel syringe pump
1. Veterinary syringe pump equips large LCD for quick and direct viewing of operations.
2. Customized injection speed to reduce the symptoms caused by too fast injection.
3. Support quick-discharge injection to remove air bubbles from the syringe and prevent embolism caused by air injection.
4. Compatible with a wide range of syringes that meet national metrology
Vertical syringe pump
|Linear speed range||50μm/sec-50mm/sec
Type: Industrial syringe pump
1. Vertical syringe pump is adopting a stepping motor drive and grinding ball screw drive piston to ensure continuous and stable high precision transmission.
2. Wide range of linear speeds and diverse applications.
3. Excellent electromagnetic compatibility and anti-interference, safer and more reliable operation, suitable for industrial environment.
4. Open integration, small size, easy to match.
Syringe pump and infusion pump
What is infusion pump?
Infusion pump is usually a mechanical or electronic control device that acts on the infusion catheter to control the rate of infusion. It is often used in situations where the volume of infusion and the numberof drugs need to be strictly controlled, such as in the application of antihypertensive drugs, antiarrhythmic drugs, intravenous infusions for infants and children, or intravenous anesthesia.
The difference between syringe pump and infusion pump
1. First of all, infusion pumps are generally known as volume pumps, and their main purpose is to replace the traditional gravity suspension vial infusion for more accurate and stable drug delivery. Syringe pumps are also known as microinfusion pumps. As can be seen from the name, the primary use of syringe pumps is to supplement volumetric infusion pumps in micro-dosing. This is because microinfusion pumps (i.e. syringe pumps) are more accurate than regular volumetric infusion pumps when administering drugs in small doses.
2. Secondly, compared with syringe pumps, the advantages of infusion pumps are: large capacity, wide flow range, less liquid type restriction, cheap consumables, low drug concentration, less irritation, and easier to realize infusion alarm and infusion heating function.
3. Third, compared with infusion pumps, syringe pumps have the following advantages: small size, high delivery accuracy, more flexible dispensing ability, easier to solve the table placement, small flow pulsation, etc. From this point of view, it can be seen that there is no essential difference between infusion pump and injection pump, known as sister pump.
Factors for choosing an infusion pump or syringe pump
The following factors should generally be considered when clinically selecting an infusion pump or syringe pump:
* Cardiovascular and anesthesiology departments use more infusion pumps than infusion pumps.
* General infusion pumps are m
ore useful in obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics/neonatology, emergency medicine, critical care, oncology, and burn units.
* Infusion pumps are competent for blood transfusion, nutrient infusion, a large amount of body fluid, and electrolyte replenishment.
How to use syringe pump?
1. Connect the power supply, turn on the syringe pump, and press the ON button.
2. Verify the labeling information on the syringe (three checks and seven pairs), the dosing time and the double signature of the dosing and checking person.
3. Pre-flush the pipe to exclude the air in the syringe and infusion tube.
4. Install the syringe: open the syringe pump fixing pins, snap the syringe into the slot as required and place the fixing pins.
5. Connect the venous access to the extension tube or reconnect the syringe pump by venipuncture according to the nature of the drug.
6. Set syringe parameters (set patient weight, drug concentration, injection speed).
7. Preset the total amount.
8. Set the total amount.
9. Set the time.
10. Start pumping.
Precautions for using syringe pump
1. Set the infusion rate and other parameters correctly to prevent setting errors and delaying treatment
2. The name of the drug, concentration, dose, patient bed number, name, time, and checker must be indicated on the syringe or infusion bag.
3. Check the working status of the syringe pump at all times, and promptly remove alarms and faults to prevent uncontrolled fluid input
4. Observe the skin condition of the puncture site to prevent fluid extravasation, and give corresponding treatment in time when extravasation occurs.
5. Promptly deal with common alarms: pipeline bubbles, blockage, unopened infusion switch or blood clot, dislodged pipeline, drug will be finished, injection finished, etc.
How to buy syringe pump?
ANTITECK provide lab equipment, lab consumable, manufacturing equipment in life sciences sector.
If you are interested in our syringe pump or have any questions, please write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will reply to you as soon as possible.