1. What is chemical sterilizer?
1.1. Definition of chemical sterilizer
1.2. Advantages of using chemical sterilizer
2. Chemical sterilization agents
3. Different chemical methods of sterilization
4. Types of chemical sterilizer
4.1. Gaseous chemical sterilization
4.2. Liquid chemical sterilization
5. Chemical sterilizer specifications
5.1. Ethylene oxide sterilizer
5.2. Ozone sterilizer
5.3. Glutaraldehyde sterilizer
6. How to use chemical sterilizer?
7. Precautions for using chemical sterilizer
8. How to buy chemical sterilizer?
What is chemical sterilizer?
Definition of chemical sterilizer
use chemical sterilization agents
to penetrate the body of bacteria, make the bacteria protein coagulation denaturation, dry worry bacterial enzyme activity, inhibit bacterial metabolism and growth or damage the structure of the cell membrane, change its permeability, destroy its physiological function, etc., so as to play a sterilization sterilization effect. The drugs used are called chemical disinfectants. Some drugs have a strong ability to kill microorganisms and can achieve sterilization, also known as chemical sterilants.
Chemical sterilization equipment can be used for physical disinfection and sterilization of moisture-resistant items, such as sharp metals, knives, scissors, suture needles and optical instruments such as gastroscopes, cystoscopes and ward air.
Advantages of using chemical sterilizer
Chemical sterilizers are simple and easy to operate and kill germs more thoroughly.
Chemical sterilization agents
As an important part of the chemical sterilizer, chemical sterilization agents can be divided into three main categories according to their sterilization ability:
1. High-level disinfectants
High-level disinfectants kills all microorganisms, including bacterial sprouts. It is suitable for disinfection of items that cannot withstand heat sterilization but are intended to go inside the human body, such as endoscopes and plastic surgical equipment.
* Chlorinated sterilant
* Peroxide sterilant
* Chlorine dioxide sterilant
* Aldehyde sterilant
* Ethylene oxide sterilant
2. Intermediate-level disinfectants
Intermediate-level disinfectants do not kill bacterial buds but kill bacterial propagules that include Mycobacterium tuberculosis fungi and most viruses. It is suitable for fiberoptic endoscopes, laryngoscopes, vaginal speculators, anesthesia equipment, etc.
* Iodine-containing sterilant
* Alcohol sterilant
3. Low-level disinfectants
Low-level disinfectants kill most bacterial propagules, but not bacterial bacilli, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, and certain resistant fungi and viruses.
* Quaternary ammonium compounds sterilant
* Chlorhexidine sterilant
* Potassium permanganate sterilant
Different chemical methods of sterilization
There are main three chemical methods of sterilization:
1. Immersion sterilization method
Choose a water-soluble disinfectant with a wide bactericidal spectrum and weak corrosiveness, and submerge the articles in the disinfectant to achieve disinfection and sterilization within the standard concentration and time.
2. Wiping sterilization method
Choose water-soluble, penetrating disinfectants and wipe the surface of the articles to achieve disinfection and sterilization within the standard concentration and time.
3. Fumigation sterilization method
Heat or add oxidizing agent to make the disinfectant gas, and achieve the purpose of disinfection and sterilization in the standard concentration and time. It is suitable for indoor articles and air disinfection or for precise and valuable instruments and articles that cannot be steamed, boiled or soaked such as sphygmomanometer, stethoscope and tickets used by infectious patients, etc.
Types of chemical sterilizer
Chemical sterilizers can be divided into gaseous chemical sterilization and liquid chemical sterilization.
1. Gaseous chemical sterilization
Ethylene oxide sterilizer
Ethylene oxide sterilizer is usually composed of sterilization chamber, heating system, vacuum system, dosing and gasification device, residual gas treatment system, monitoring and control system, etc. The working principle is to use ethylene oxide gas to sterilize the items in the sterilization chamber under certain temperature, pressure and humidity conditions, so as to denature microbial proteins and genetic material and cause microbial death to achieve the purpose of sterilization.
Ethylene oxide sterilizer is for sterilization of medical devices that can tolerate ethylene oxide.
Formaldehyde sterilizer usually consists of sterilization chamber, control system, gasification system, etc. The working principle is to sterilize the items in the sterilization chamber with formaldehyde gas under certain temperature, pressure and humidity conditions to denature the microbial proteins and genetic material and thus cause the death of microorganisms to achieve the purpose of sterilization.
Formaldehyde sterilizer is for sterilization of formaldehyde tolerant medical devices.
Nitrogen dioxide sterilizer
Nitrogen dioxide sterilizer is a type of gas chemical sterilization that is widely used for the terminal sterilization of medical instruments.
Ozone sterilizer usually consist of ozone generating device, electrical control system, piping system and so on. The working principle is to disinfect medical devices by generating ozone gas or ozone water.
Ozone sterilizer is for disinfection of ozone-tolerant medical devices.
2. Liquid chemical sterilization
Hydrogen peroxide sterilizer
Hydrogen peroxide sterilizer usually consists of a sterilization chamber, vacuum system, hydrogen peroxide injection system, control system, etc. It can also be equipped with a plasma generator. The working principle is that the vaporized hydrogen peroxide acts on the items in the sterilization chamber to denature the microbial proteins and genetic material, resulting in the death of the microorganism to achieve the purpose of sterilization. If the plasma generator is equipped, the vaporized hydrogen peroxide can be formed into a hydrogen peroxide plasma state by the plasma generator, and the combination of hydrogen peroxide gas and hydrogen peroxide plasma can sterilize the items in the sterilization room at a low temperature.
is a type of cold sterilizer, which is a liquid chemical sterilizer used to sterilize and clean heat-sensitive equipment, such as dialysis instruments, surgical instruments, aspiration bottles, bronchoscopes, endoscopes and ear, nose and throat instruments, and other medical instruments.
Hypochlorite sterilizer is normally composed of a water system, electrolysis tank, control device, etc. The working principle is to use electrolysis to produce acidic oxidation potential water for disinfection of medical devices.
Chemical sterilizer specifications
Ethylene oxide sterilizer
|Volume||20 cubic meters
|Inner liner dimension||3000*1200*1700mm
|Outer liner dimension||3950*1570*2190mm
|Disinfection chamber material||304 anti-corrosive stainless steel
Type: gaseus chemical sterilization
1. Ethylene oxide sterilizer equipped with filtration system, the air inlet is equipped with a filtration system, which can effectively filter out germs and microorganisms to avoid receiving secondary pollution when discharging residues.
2. Simple operation, microcomputer control, can be operated by one key, simple and convenient, digital display of the sterilization process.
3. The sterilization process can be recorded and printed for easy verification and archiving.
|Chassis material||304 stainless steel
Type: gaseous chemical sterilization
1. Ozone sterilizer is a built-in high-quality ozone generator.
2. No secondary pollution safety and environmental protection.
3. 304 stainless steel material long life, easy to operate and install.
4. Microcomputer control automatic switching machine.
|Power supply||220V 50Hz
Type: liquid chemical sterilization
1. Glutaraldehyde sterilizer is made of selected materials, the surface is smooth, flat and convenient.
2. Strong load-bearing capacity and even texture.
3. Free and flexible disassembly, more convenient to use, stable performance, not easy to damage.
How to use chemical sterilizer?
1. Select the appropriate chemical sterilizing agent according to the performance of the articles and the characteristics of the pathogens.
2. Strictly control the effective concentration, disinfection time and usage of chemical sterilants.
3. Items to be disinfected should be washed and dried. Open the shaft section when dipping and submerge the items in the solution.
4. The disinfectant should be replaced regularly, and the volatile agent should be covered and the specific gravity should be measured regularly to adjust the concentration in time.
5. Soaked items need to be rinsed with sterile isotonic saline before use so that the disinfectant does not irritate human tissue.
Precautions for using chemical sterilizer
1. When using chemical sterilizers, what needs to be taken care of, besides killing microorganisms, is mainly from the point of harm to the human body and the surrounding environment.
Many chemical disinfectants are not friendly to biological cells, so you need to pay attention to protection when using them. Personal protection is mainly eye protection, such as goggles for chemical experiments, hand protection, such as acid and alkali resistant rubber gloves, respiratory protection, such as gas masks, and full-body protective biochemical suits, which refer to the MSDS of the corresponding disinfectants for protection measures.
What kind of treatment is needed for the environment or apparatus treated with chemical disinfectants, such as cleaning, fumigation and disinfection before use.
Chemical disinfectants fail when mixed with other chemicals, or disinfectant residues lead to contamination of the air or apparatus in the disinfected area and cannot be used normally, all belong to this aspect.
Chemical disinfectants need to be used in a certain concentration range to be effective, such as alcohol, pure alcohol does not work well, while the disinfection effect of 75% pure alcohol is very good.
How to buy chemical sterilizer?
ANTITECK provide lab equipment, lab consumable, manufacturing equipment in life sciences sector.
If you are interested in our chemical sterilizer or have any questions, please write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will reply to you as soon as possible.