1. What is distillation apparatus?
1.1. Definition and application
1.2. Principle of distillation
2. Types of distillation apparatus
2.1. Simple distillation apparatus
2.2. Fractional distillation apparatus
2.3. Steam distillation apparatus
2.4. Vacuum distillation apparatus
3. Distillation apparatus specifications
3.1. Double distilled water apparatus
3.2. Molecular distillation apparatus
3.3. Laboratory distillation column
3.4. Micro kjeldahl distillation apparatus
4. Distillation kits
5. How to set up distillation apparatus?
6. How to buy distillation apparatus?Catalogue
: Automatic Distillation Apparatus
What is distillation apparatus?
Definition and application
is also known as “ still
“,it is equipment that is usually used in labs. The apparatus in distillation consists of a container for the material and water, a condenser for condensing the resulting steam, and a vessel for collecting the filtered sample. The still can separate liquids from non-volatile solids, such as alcohol from fermented materials, or separate two or more liquids with different boiling points, such as gasoline, kerosene, and lubricating oil from crude oil.
Distillation apparatus has been widely used in a chemistry laboratory, chemise extraction of vitamins, and active ingredients of Chinese herbal medicine in the pharmaceutical industry, petrochemical industry, food industry, cosmetics industry, agriculture, and other industries.
Principle of distillation
Distillation is a thermodynamic separation process, it uses the mixture of liquid or liquid-solid system with different boiling point components, evaporation of low boiling point components, and then condensation to separate the entire component unit operation process, which is the combination of evaporation and condensation of the two-unit operations.
Compared with other separation methods, such as extraction and filtration crystallization, it has the advantage that it does not need to use other solvents other than the system components, thus ensuring that no new impurities are introduced.
Types of distillation apparatus
Simple distillation apparatus
Simple distillation apparatus is also called single-stage distillation apparatus, It is characterized by simple equipment, simple operation, and less investment, so it is widely used in the extraction and separation of volatile oil and other medicinal components of Traditional Chinese medicine. Simple distillation units commonly used at present include water distillation units for laboratory, simultaneous distillation and extraction device, water diffusion, and molecular distillation apparatus.
Fractional distillation apparatus
Fractional distillation apparatus
can separate a mixture of several different boiling points, no new material is formed in the process, just the separation of the original material, belongs to the physical change. Fractionation is a process of heating a mixture and cooling it into relatively pure single substance according to different boiling points of each component in the mixture. It is actually multiple distillation, which is better suited for separating and purifying liquid organic mixtures with similar boiling points. Such as the fractionation of coal tar or petroleum.
In the laboratory, the shunt unit often consists of a gas lamp, fractionation column, asbestos mesh, tripod, round-bottom flask, condensing tube, receiver, conical flask, thermometer.
In the laboratory, the fractional distillation unit often consists of a gas lamp, fractionation column, asbestos mesh, tripod, round-bottom flask, condensing tube, receiver, conical flask, thermometer.
Steam distillation apparatus
Steam distillation apparatus is also known as hydrodistillation apparatus. It is a process in which water is distilled with other volatile and non-volatile components. The steam in boiling water carries the steam of the volatile to the condenser. Both are cooled and returned to a liquid or solid-state, leaving no volatile residue in the boiling container.
Steam distillation is usually used to separate essential oils, for example in perfumes. In this method, steam is passed through plant material containing the desired oil. Eucalyptus, camphor and orange oils are obtained in this way on an industrial scale, sometimes used in chemistry laboratories as one of many methods for separating substances. Hydrodistillation apparatus is also an important means of separating fatty acids from mixtures and treating crude products such as Tall oil to extract and separate fatty acids and other organic compounds of commercial value.
Vacuum distillation apparatus
Vacuum distillation apparatus is an important method of separation and purification of compounds, especially suitable for the separation and purification of compounds with high boiling point and those that have not reached the boiling point in atmospheric distillation.
The complete vacuum distillation apparatus consists of three parts: distillation, air extraction (decompression), and protection and pressure measuring device between them. Round thick-walled instruments must be used for the whole set. Otherwise, due to the uneven force, it is easy to crack and other accidents.
Distillation apparatus specifications
Double distilled water apparatus
Double distilled water apparatus is improved on the principle of single water distiller and is suitable for second distilled water in laboratory paper cups.
|* Glassware is made of high quality glass
* The heater is made of quartz glass
|Combination of simple and vacuum distillation apparatus
|1600ml/h 1800ml/h 1500ml/h
|3Kw 1.5Kw 4.5Kw
|AC 220v/50Hz AC 220v/50Hz
|57*48*39 66*37*31 57*48*39
|10kg 5.4kg 15.8kg
|* Energy saving, clean, long service life, relay protection device
* Safe and reliable, the switches are controlled by temperature controller and spring water level, which can effectively avoid the dry burning of the return tube damaging the glass accessories
* Automatic function, the water level can automatically switch on or cut off the power supply to achieve automatic distillation function
Molecular distillation apparatus
Molecular distillation apparatus is a new liquid-liquid separation technology which has not been widely used in industrial production. Its application can solve a lot of problems that conventional distillation technology cannot solve.
|High borosilicate glass
|Vacuum distillation apparatus
|Effective evaporation area
|0.05m² 0.1m² 0.15m²
|0.1m² 0.15m² 0.2m²
|Inside diameter of barrel
|60m² 80m² 100m²
|Constant pressure feeding funnel volume
|0.1-2.0KG/H 0.3-4.0KG/H 0.5-5.0KG/H
|120W 200W 200W
|* German brand variable frequency reduction motor, safe operation
* Equipped with self-cooling fan, can work continuously for a long time
* The inner wall of the barrel is smooth and clean, not easy to stick
* Bipolar condensation recovery protection device, effectively protect the vacuum pump
* Bipolar rotary vane vacuum pump, maximum theoretical vacuum up to 0.067Pa
Laboratory distillation column
Laboratory distillation column is a kind of fractional distillation apparatus, the two phases of gas and liquid exchange heat many times through countercurrent contact, volatile components in the liquid phase into the gas phase, volatile components in the gas phase into the liquid phase so that the top of the column can get almost pure volatile components, and the bottom of the column can get almost pure volatile components.
|All glass accessories is made of high borosilicate glass
|Combination of fractional and vacuum distillation apparatus
|Tower kettle Volume
|1L 2L 3L
|Intelligent magnetic stirring electric heating jacket
|Precision electrically heated distillation column
* PID control
|Precision rectification head
|* Cooling by jacket and double condensing pipe
* Equipped with triangular funnel with magnet to control reflux ratio
|500ml 1L 2L
|Easy to clean, improve fractionation efficiency
Micro kjeldahl distillation apparatus
|High borosilicate glass
|It is composed of evacuated distillation bottle, steam intake tube, condensing tube, small funnel, 150ml triangle flask, 1000ml round bottom flask. Vacuum distillation bottle is a steam bottle with a sandwich bottle. The sandwich is vacuum-pumped to reduce heat loss. The branch pipe behind the y-shaped tube of the bottleneck is connected with steam into the tube, and the branch pipe on the left is connected with a small funnel
Distillation kits is an indispensable part of distillation apparatus, usually composed of distillation flask, distillation head, thermometer and casing, straight condensing tube, liquid receiving tube and receiving bottle. Among them, distillation flask, and distillation tube is the most important part.
Distillation flask is a glass container used for liquid distillation or fractionation of substances. It is often used with condensing pipe, liquid receiving pipe and receiving device.
Distillation flask use:
1. Use asbestos mesh for even heating.
2. Distillation or fractionation should be used in conjunction with rubber stoppers, conduits, condensers, etc.
Distillation tube is also called condensing tube, is a lab equipment used facilitate condensation or reflux, usually consisting of two glass tubes, one inside and one outside.
The types of distillation tube:
1. Reflux condensing tube
2. Straight condensing tube
3. Air condensing tube
4. Spherical condensing tube
5. Serpentine condensing tube
How to set up distillation apparatus?
Distillation apparatus consists of heating gasification part, condensing part and receiving part. To avoid failures and errors, we need to set up distillation instruments correctly. The following are the installation procedures for the distillation unit.
1. The general installation sequence is bottom-up, left-to-right installation. First fix the height of the heat source, take it as the reference, and then install other instruments in sequence.
2. Don’t clamp distillation glassware directly with iron clamps. Rubber and asbestos should be linked to the clamps to prevent breaking glassware.
3. Atmospheric distillation units must be communicated with the atmosphere.
4. The amount of material in the distillation bottle should account for 1/3 ~ 2/3 of the volume of the distillation bottle.
5. The amount of material in the distillation flask should account for 1/3 ~ 2/3 of the volume of the distillation bottle.
6. In general distillation, zeolite is added. In continuous distillation, zeolite is always effective; Once the halfway stop boiling or distillation, the original zeolite is ineffective, heating distillation again, should be added to the new zeolite. If you forget to add zeolite in advance, never add it when the liquid is heated to boiling. Because this will cause violent boiling, so that the liquid out of the bottle, but also prone to fire accidents. So it should be added after cooling for some time.
7. If the distilled sample is not completely dried, there will be a front distillate, which should be received in another bottle, the bottle of the product should be weighed beforehand.
8.When distilling substances with boiling points above 140 ° C, an air condensing tube should be used instead.
When installing, the flask clamp and the condensing tube clamp should be clamped in the bottle neck and the middle of the condensing tube respectively. The upper limit of the mercury bulb of the thermometer shall be at the same level as the lower limit of the side tube of the distillation head. The distillation head is connected with the condensate pipe horizontal, and the lower mouth of the condensate pipe is connected with the liquid receiving pipe. To ensure that the condensate pipe is always full of water, the condensate water should flow into and out of the lower mouth of the condensate pipe.
How to buy distillation apparatus?
ANTITECK provide lab equipment, lab consumable, manufacturing equipment in life sciences sector.
If you are interested in our distillation apparatus or have any question, please write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will reply to you as soon as possible.