What is a laboratory oven?
, also called laboratory furnace
, is an essential equipment that can be used to heating, drying, and testing the change of temperature, humidity, and light under the change of environmental pressure. In addition, lab ovens provide uniform temperature and precise temperature control for industrial laboratory functions such as baking, evaporation and sterilization.
Use of oven in laboratory
Lab furnace has been widely used in the chemical industry, electronic communication, plastic, cable, electroplating, hardware, automobile, photoelectric, rubber products, mold, spraying, printing, medical, aerospace, colleges and universities, and other industries. Huge market demand, so the variety of ovens, especially the laboratory oven, for the sample drying heating has a great help.
Types of laboratory oven
There are many types of laboratory ovens, but they can be summed up into three main types, respectively, vacuum oven, forced air convection oven, and gravity convection oven.
A vacuum oven
is a kind of lab ovens equipment for drying materials under negative pressure. Its working principle is to use the vacuum pump to pump air and moisture, so that the vacuum state is formed in the working room, reduces the boiling point of water, and speeds up the drying speed. It has the advantages of fast drying speed, small pollution, and no damage to the inherent quality of the dried articles.
The box body of the vacuum oven includes the shell, insulation layer, studio, glass door, and other parts; The electric heating elements in the electric heating system are mostly exposed electric heating wires, which are mounted parallel to the furnace plate or wound on the porcelain pot with spiral grooves and fixed in the interlayer of the box body. The automatic constant temperature system includes a temperature controller and temperature indicator. Because of its wide application, there are many varieties, models, and specifications of vacuum ovens.
Forced air convection oven
Forced air convection oven is also known as high temperature oven, using advanced CNC processing equipment production products. It is used for drying, baking, wax melting, and sterilization in industrial and mining enterprises, laboratories and scientific research institutes, etc. It is also used for testing the insulation of wires and cables or coated rubber test sheets to compare the tensile strength and elongation of test sheets before and after aging.
Forced air convection vacuum oven is commonly used in the laboratory, so that the items in the oven after constant temperature natural cooling, under the same constant temperature conditions, the precision forced convection vacuum oven after opening and closing the temperature stability is more than two times of the ordinary lab ovens.
Gravity convection oven
Gravity convection oven
is suitable for product dehydration, avd drying, such as electroplating industry, electronics industry, alloy jewelry drop oil, food plastic industry, leather industry, hardware and other production industry applications, suitable for factory enterprises and workshops for batch production, can be used for a long time.
Gravity convection ovens produce a unique natural convection supply of air through perforated stainless steel shelves, allowing even temperatures without the need for blowers.
Difference between gravity convection oven and forced air convection oven
Although forced air convection ovens and gravity convection ovens belong to convection ovens, the biggest difference between forced air convection ovens and gravity convection ovens is whether a blower is needed to flow air. Forced air convection ovens need to be equipped with a blower to make the warm air move around the oven and then transported to the oven through the duct, so it can be said that the forced convection oven is a mechanical type of convection oven.
On the contrary, gravity convection ovens do not need to be equipped with a blower to flow the air, when the air is heated and expanded will naturally rise, and the density will be less than the density of the surrounding air.
Laboratory oven specification
High temperature lab oven
|Forced air convection oven
|SUS304 brushed stainless steel plate
|It can be customized within 600℃
1. Domestic streamlined arc design, the shell is made of cold-rolled steel plate, the surface of electrostatic spray; The inner bladder is made of stainless steel. The semicircular design makes cleaning more convenient.
2. The temperature control system of this machine adopts microcomputer micro-controller technology, the system has the functions of temperature control, timing, and over-temperature alarm. Double screen high brightness digital tube display, accurate and intuitive display value, superior performance, touch button setting adjustment.
3. Reasonable air duct and circulation system, so that the working room temperature uniformity is good; high-performance motor and blades, air convection breeze device, the air in the cavity can be renewed circulation.
4. The working room shelf can be adjusted with the user's requirements of arbitrary height and the number of shelves, the door has a large perspective to observe the glass window, easy for users to observe, the use of nanomaterial door seal and heat preservation materials to reflect the performance of the machine is superior.
Digital vacuum oven
|Strong cold rolled sheet or stainless steel liner is optional
|300w 1200W 1400W 3000W
1. Rotary vane vacuum pump, lightweight, small volume, low noise.
2. Intelligent temperature control meter, microcomputer control.
3. Thickened sealing strip, the tightness of the door can be adjusted, and the sealing strip is resistant to high-temperature silica gel.
4. Thickened sealing strip, the tightness of the door can be adjusted, and the sealing strip is resistant to high-temperature silica gel
Precision vacuum oven
|304 stainless steel sand board
|4 stainless steel mesh plates
1. Bipolar rotary vane vacuum pump, low noise, lightweight.
2. At the same time, a digital vacuum gauge is used to display the instant vacuum degree in the oven.
3. Install movable casters with brakes, which can be pushed arbitrarily.
4. The thermal insulation material is aluminum silicate cotton with a good thermal insulation effect.
5. Sealing material resistant to high temperature.
Programmable vacuum oven
|SUS304 stainless steel
|4 stainless steel mesh plates
1. Programmable can realize the purpose of communication with the computer network, to reliably send out a variety of control signals corresponding to the vacuum degree to control the vacuum valve, vacuum pump execution system, and vacuum equipment to achieve the program control and automation.
2. Photoelectric isolation technology, digital filtering technology, and nonlinear parameters and measurement error correction technology are adopted to improve the stability and anti-interference ability.
3. The preset parameters input by the touch switch can be saved for a long time after power failure. The circuit design is reasonable, the process is adopted, and the whole board design is adopted. It has a fast response, good reproducibility, and stable and reliable measurement and control.
Different size lab ovens
We also provide different sizes of lab ovens to choose from, large vacuum oven, small lab oven, and mini vacuum oven are available.
|Large vacuum oven
|Large capacity, one time can process a large number of samples, high efficiency
|Small lab oven
|Can be placed on the desktop, occupy a small space
|Mini vacuum oven
|Portable and easy to carry
Laboratory oven calibration procedure
To make the laboratory oven more accurate to the temperature, we need to conduct laboratory oven calibration. The following are the calibration methods and steps.
* Technical requirements for laboratory oven verification
① The drying box should have a clear nameplate, indicating the model, factory name, factory date, factory number, etc
② Appearance should be smooth, sound normal, power control system normal.
③ Good insulation performance.
④ The temperature range is 50℃-200℃. Temperature control allows an error of ±5℃
⑤ Constant temperature, the temperature should be stable in about half an hour.
* A standard instrument for inspection
* Verification method
(1) Verification of appearance and working traits
Use sensory and priming tests and electroencephalography.
(2) Determination of temperature in the working room
Insert a standard thermometer into the thermometer hole on the top of the box, connect to the power supply, rotate the temperature controller to the required temperature, observe whether the value on the thermometer is consistent with the control temperature, and measure the following temperature values: 50℃, 60℃, 70℃, 105℃, 115℃.
(3) Constant temperature stability time
When the temperature rises to the required constant temperature, watch time, half an hour or so should be stable to the required temperature
For the oven without a temperature scale display in the controller, the experimental temperature controlled by the temperature controller is calibrated by the thermometer on the top of the box, and the allowable control error is ±2.5℃.
* Evaluation of test results
Verification of appearance and working traits should be consistent with①②③
Determination of temperature in the working room should be consistent with ④⑤
1. Do not place any articles on the top cover of the oven in the laboratory, so as not to affect the heat dissipation of the machine.
2. When lab ovens are placed, the left and right sides and the back should keep a certain distance from other objects (distance ≥100-150mm).
3. The main power switch must be turned off when the laboratory oven is maintained.
4. Keep the lab oven clean and tidy.
5. Check whether the steering of the oven motor in the laboratory is following the regulations.
6. Check the aging of the oven circuit in a laboratory.
7. Check whether the ground wire of the laboratory oven is in good condition.
8. Check whether the inlet and exhaust vents are correct, open the exhaust vents in the process of heating and constant temperature, and open them all in the process of cooling.
How to order laboratory oven?
ANTITECK provide lab equipment, lab consumable, manufacturing equipment in life sciences sector.
If you are interested in our laboratory ovens or have any question, please write an e-mail to email@example.com, we will reply to you as soon as possible.