What is vacuum desiccator?
is a kind of drying equipment under negative pressure, under vacuum operation can reduce the space wet steam pressure and accelerate the drying process, refers to the empty state of the material solvent boiling point is reduced, so it is suitable for drying unstable or heat sensitive materials; Vacuum dryer has good sealing, so it is also used to de-dry samples and materials that require recovery of solvents and contain strong irritating and toxic gases.
Purpose of using vacuum desiccator
As a piece of common laboratory equipment, vacuum desiccators have been widely used in the experiments of scientific research, hospitals, schools, and pharmaceutical. It can also be used for vacuum drying storage of biochemical reagents, drugs, optical lenses, seeds, precision components, cultural relics and other varieties, inert gas vacuum storage, and material oxidation prevention.
How does vacuum desiccator work?
The working principle of a vacuum desiccator is to heat and dry the material to be dried under vacuum conditions. It uses a vacuum pump to pump air and moisture, so that the studio is in a vacuum state, the drying rate of materials greatly accelerated, but also saves energy. The material is in a vacuum state, and the vapor pressure drops so that the water or solvent on the surface of the material reaches a saturated state and evaporation, and timely discharge and recovery by the vacuum pump. The water inside the material continuously permeates, evaporates, and displaces to the surface. The three processes are carried out continuously, and the material achieves the purpose of drying in a very short time.
Types of vacuum desiccator
There are many types of vacuum desiccators, the most commonly used types of lab vacuum desiccators are:
* Glass vacuum desiccator
* Plastic vacuum desiccator
* Stainless steel vacuum desiccator
* Vacuum desiccator cabinet
Vacuum desiccator specifications
Glass vacuum desiccator
Specification: 120mm, 150mm, 180mm
Lining plate aperture: 26mm
* Glass vacuum desiccator adopts thickened glass, high corrosion resistance, and stable material.
* High transparency, the whole vessel’s round luster, fine workmanship.
* Thickened lead-free glass for durability.
* No bulge, beautiful and generous, smooth surface.
* Flat bottom, smooth visit.
* Frosted sealing, with good sealing.
Plastic vacuum desiccator
Specification: 150mm, 250mm, 300mm
Baffle diameter: 120mm, 230mm
* Plastic vacuum desiccator has a long vacuum maintenance time, 30 days after vacuumization, vacuum is degree reduced by less than 5%.
* External special vacuum gauge, observe the change of vacuum at any time.
* Imported from Germany polycarbonate material injection molding, good safety performance, will not burst.
* Sealed by high quality plastic seal ring, no grease, better sealing effect.
* For air intake fine tuning, the valve adopts a precision needle valve, which can micro adjust the air intake.
* The pipe connection is convenient and simple, and the ambient temperature is -25--120℃.
Stainless steel vacuum desiccator
Materials: Stainless steel
Specification: 250*250mm, 300*300mm, 280*280mm
Height: 25cm, 28cm, 30cm
Weight: 4.5kg, 5.3kg, 5kg
* The process of stainless steel vacuum desiccator is precise, fast vacuuming, and strong sealing.
* Thickened stainless steel material, double thickened base, durable, thicker than an ordinary bucket, wear resistance, pressure resistance.
* Equipped with large transparent Windows, up to 18mm thick thickened panel, high sealing, high vacuum, long service life, greater strength.
* Equipped with silicone oil shockproof vacuum gauge, enhanced service life, and high definition, the dial is displayed as a negative pressure scale.
* With 1.5 meters long steel wire hose, steel wire layer ring, strong wear resistance, and strong sealing.
* Easy to install, two steps fixed, and hen can be used.
Vacuum desiccator cabinet
Vacuum desiccator cabinet is also a form of vacuum dryer. A vacuum pump is used to pump air and moisture, which forms a vacuum state in the cabinet, reduces the boiling point of water and speeds up the drying speed, and provides a dust-free, vortex free drying process and a mild environment for the experimental process.
Materials: Stainless steel liner, cold rolled sheet spraying of the housing
Inner liner dimensions: 300*300*275mm
* Double-view window with PE transparent panel outside and 15mm toughened glass door inside.
* The built-in removable and adjustable aluminum load compartment can be customized to suit the material requirements of the experiment.
* Fuzzy PID control, compared with the traditional PID control method, has the advantages of smaller temperature, faster stabilization time, and better. temperature control accuracy.
* Multi-segment programmable control with automatic temperature adjustment is available.
* Unique integrated design, space saving and beautiful design.
Vacuum desiccator with pump
The vacuum pump
is the most important part of the vacuum dryer, the principle of a vacuum pump is to create a vacuum by moving gas molecules from one area to another by changing the state of high and low pressure. When molecules are removed from the vacuum, it becomes more difficult to remove additional molecules, thus increasing the required vacuum power. The range of pressure can be divided into five groups:
* Low vacuum: 1000-1mbar
* Medium vacuum: 1-103mbar
* High vacuum: 103-107mbar
* Ultra high vacuum: 107-10%mbar
* Extreme high vacuum: ﹤10771 mbar
How do you use a vacuum desiccator?
1. Hold the transparent vacuum tube and slowly push it into the hole of the quick-change connector on the needle valve (ball valve) and insert it reliably to the end. Once inserted to the end, gently pull outwards to make sure it does not come out.
2. Connect the vacuum canister tube to the vacuum pump.
3. Put in the PP or ceramic spacer and sample as required.
4. Place the O-ring on the outer cone of the upper mouth of the base, cover the top lid and evacuate the vacuum, press the top lid with your hand when evacuating, and let go when the vacuum level rises slightly.
5. To remove the tube fitted to the quick-change fitting:
(1) Push fully and evenly on the flange end of the blue release sleeve on the quick-change fitting.
(2) Press into the blue release sleeve while pulling the tube. If the release sleeve is not pressed insufficiently, the tube will not be pulled out.
(3) repeated loading and unloading of the tube, the tube head wear and scratch serious, re-use, to cut off the mouth of the tube bite over the part used again6.
6. Take out the sample: manually turn the valve to release the vacuum.
Vacuum desiccator safety
Although vacuum desiccators are frequently used, people often ignore the precautions and preventive measures of using a desiccator, which often leads to accident problems.
Therefore, the following points should be noted when using lab vacuum desiccators.
1. Do not expose the vacuum desiccator to such gases as strong bases, esters, aromatic or halogenated hydrocarbons, and ketones. Because these chemicals can damage the surface of the dryer, such as vacuum dryers made of polycarbonate.
2. Do not be used for autoclaving.
3. Vacuum desiccators can be cleaned with hot soap or neutral detergent solution and then rinsed thoroughly with water. Do not use strong alkaline cleaning agents, organic solvents, or corrosive solvents to clean the vacuum desiccant.
4. Use a special air switch.
5. Check whether the insulation is good before use.
6. Frequently replace the vacuum pump oil.
7. In the process of using the vacuum drying oven, it is necessary to keep an eye on it until it is finished.
8. If the sample is flammable, you must wait until the temperature cools below the ignition point before removing it to avoid contact with the air to start a fire.
How to order vacuum desiccator?
ANTITECK provide lab equipment, lab consumable, manufacturing equipment in life sciences sector.
If you are interested in our vacuum desiccator
or have any questions, please write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will reply to you as soon as possible.