1. What is laboratory homogenizer?
1.1. Definition of laboratory homogenizer
1.2. Laboratory homogenizer application
2. How does laboartory homogenizer work?
3. Types of laboratory homogenizer
3.1. Ultrasonic homogenizer
3.2. Rotary homogenizer
3.3. Slap type homogenizer
4. Laboratory homogenizer specifications
4.1. Benchtop homogenizer
4.2. Ultrasonic homogenizer
4.3. Slap-type aseptic homogenizer
4.4. Laboratory high pressure homogenizer
5. How to use laboratory homogenizer?
6. Precautions for using laboratory homogenizers
7. How to maintain laboratory homogenizer?
8. How to order laboratory homogenizer?
What is laboratory homogenizer?
Definition of laboratory homogenizer
, also called laboratory homogenizer mixer
, is mainly a device for mixing experimental samples and solutions or solvents homogeneously to achieve the standard solution required by the experiment.
Laboratory homogenizer application
With the popularity of homogenizers, laboratory homogenizers are widely used in many fields:
* Bioengineering technology: Extraction of cellular inclusions, such as enzymes, prions, etc.
* Pharmaceutical industry: antibiotics, antacids, intravenous emulsions, etc.
* Chemical industry: paints and coatings, emulsifiers, disinfectants, rubber paste, resin gums, flavors, etc.
* Cosmetic industry: detergent, conditioner, lotion, perfume, etc.
* Food and beverage industry: cream, soy milk, peanut milk, various fruit and meat drinks, ice cream, health care nutrition liquid, food additives, various
How does laboartory homogenizer work?
The working principle of the laboratory homogenizer is to use the precise cooperation of the rotor and stator, the working head (made of rotor and stator forging) claw structure, two-way suction material, and high shearing efficiency.
Intermittent high-shear dispersion emulsification homogenizer is through the rotor high-speed smooth rotation, the formation of high-frequency, strong circumferential tangential speed, angular velocity, and other comprehensive kinetic
effect; under the action of the stator, the stator and rotor reasonably narrow gap in the formation of strong, reciprocal hydraulic shear, friction, centrifugal extrusion, liquid flow collision, and other comprehensive effects, the material in the container cycle reciprocating the above work process, and finally obtain the required sample.
Types of laboratory homogenizer
Ultrasonic homogenizer is mainly used for various tissue mashing/cell lysis, organelle, nucleic acid, and protein extraction, as well as emulsification and homogenization of other industrial samples. Its advantages are: easy to use, by changing different probes, different amounts of samples can be processed; good emulsification and homogenization effect, suitable for single sample operation. It has some influence on biological samples with special requirements.
Advantages: Easy to use, by changing different probes, it can handle different amounts of samples; good emulsification and homogenization effect, suitable for single sample operation.
Disadvantages: Cannot process multiple samples at the same time, different samples need to change or clean the probe, increasing the chance of cross-contamination between samples; fast temperature rise, not friendly to biological samples.
Rotary homogenizer is a rotor-stator (emulsifying) system that uses a grinding pestle to rotate inside the homogenizer to achieve separation, mixing, crushing, and homogenization, and is suitable for handling tough samples. It is commonly used to disperse animal/plant tissues, with lysate for extraction of nucleic acid, protein, etc. It can also be used in industry for resin and pigment manufacturing suspension/emulsion, etc.
Advantages: Low speed, high torque, and no noise. Suitable for handling tough samples. Easy to use, by changing different probes, you can process the different amounts of samples, easy to operate, and more suitable for single sample operation.
Disadvantages: Can not handle multiple samples at the same time, different samples need to replace or clean by the probe, increasing the chance of cross-contamination between samples; bacteria, yeast, other fungi, and other thick-walled samples are not considered for the processing of this type of homogenizer.
Slap-type homogenizer is through the pounding plate constantly pounding on the tapping bag. The pressure generated can break up the material in the bag and mix it well. Slap-type homogenizer also known as grinding bead homogenizer, which is to puts the sample and the corresponding beads into the test tube through three-dimensional high-speed rotation and vibration and relies on the high-speed knocking of the grinding beads to grind and homogenize the sample to break up the sample. Wide range of applications. It is used for the fragmentation of animal and plant tissues, algae, bacteria, yeast, fungi or molds, and all kinds of sporophores, DNA/RNA, and protein extraction.
Advantages: Capable of handling recalcitrant samples including bones, spores, soil, etc., high throughput, no cross-contamination, easy operation. Better handling of brittle samples.
Disadvantages: Cannot handle large volume samples, high investment in consumables and equipment.
Laboratory homogenizer specifications
|Rotational speed (rpm)|| 10000-28000rpm
|Rotor line speed (m/sec)||27m/sec
|Speed setting||7 gears
|Processing volume range (ml,H2O)||100ml-5000ml
|Contact material material|| Stainless steel PTEE
|Working environment|| 0-40℃
* Benchtop homogenizer can disperse samples with a viscosity up to 10,000 mPas.
* Any set of stator and rotor can be interchanged and share the same dispersion shaft to save cost.
* High-quality 316L stainless steel dispersion head, corrosion and heat sterilization resistant.
* Speed is continuously adjustable in 7 steps to ensure a good dispersion effect.
* Triple safety protection measures: overload protection, smooth start, safety switch.
|Display method||True color 4.3 memory capacitive touch screen display
|Single ultrasound time||0-99.9S
|Single Gap Time||0.1-99.9S
|Temperature control range||0-100℃
|Data storage||20 groups
* Ultrasonic homogenizer is made of titanium alloy, streamlined design, beautiful and durable.
* The use of special talent, effective isolation of 70% of the noise.
* Equipped with a liftable operating table, which can be adjusted in height for easy removal of samples.
* Small and delicate ultrasound probe, high ultrasound efficiency, not easy to heat up.
Slap-type aseptic homogenizer
|Type||Slap type homogenizer
|Display method|| 4.3 inch touch screen display
|Tapping speed|| 3-12 order/second
|Tap spacing|| 0-5mm adjustable
|Anti-pinch function||With automatic stop anti-pinch function
* Slap type aseptic homogenizer is made of stainless steel with a mirror surface, corrosion-resistant.
* Built-in photoelectric sensor.
* Microcomputer multi-segment combination programming, easy to operate with keypad control, accurate control.
* Short circuit, broken circuit, ultra-high temperature automatic voice alarm, reach the specified working hours automatic voice reminder.
Laboratory high pressure homogenizer
|Maximum working pressure|| 1500bar
|Processing capacity|| 5-15L/H
|Minimum processing capacity||25ml
* Laboratory high pressure homogenizer
is built-in temperature control system, fully closed aseptic operation, safe and efficient.
* Operation interface can display help and guidance information.
* Homogenization efficiency is more than 10 times of ultrasonic equipment.
How to use laboratory homogenizer?
Turn on the lab homogenizer mixer to see if the cooling water is normal, and turn on the power switch to see if it is normal. Unscrew the handle of the secondary valve and the handle of a primary valve, and inject 2/3 of hot water into the hopper (water temperature 75-85℃). Then start the electric car, make the material pipe water flow normally, circulate with the hot water in the hopper, make the homogenizer preheat to the ideal temperature, and then wait for the material.
2. Homogenizer pressurization
The secondary valve is pressurized first. When there is no abnormal noise in the machine, empty the hot water and add the material immediately after. Note that when adding materials to ensure continuous supply and discharge of the homogenizer, to avoid the phenomenon of mixing with air. When the mixture of material and water is discharged, then circulate the material in the material pipe and hopper, gradually tighten the handle of the secondary valve, and then the pressure gauge shows the corresponding pressure value, and then gradually tighten the handle of the secondary valve until the pressure gauge shows the required pressure value. Note that the upper limit of its rated pressure should not be exceeded. The first stage valve is rising in pressure. Gradually tighten the first-level valve handle until the pressure gauge shows the pre-pressure.
After completing the above operation procedure, make the material tube access to the material container.
4. Unloading pressure
When the homogenizer load work is finished, you must spin loose all the working valve handle, first loosen the first level valve handle and then loosen the second level valve handle, so that the pressure gauge shows zero.
Apply clean water (use hot water, water temperature 65-75℃) to clean the pump body and working valve body of the material after the work of the homogenizer is finished, and release the water to clean.
Cut off the power and turn off the cooling water of homogenizer.
Precautions for using laboratory homogenizers
1. Before starting the lab homogenizer machine, check all the solid parts and piping and other joints are solid and reliable.
2. Inject clean mechanical oil into the power box to the oil level line.
3. Verify the belt pulley steering, the work is strictly prohibited in reverse rotation.
4. Turn on the plunger cooling water to the water into a thin line can be.
5. Starting with pressure is strictly prohibited.
6. After starting, should be gradually adjusted to the required pressure, to avoid sudden changes in pressure caused by shock.
7. After starting, if the pressure gauge jumps violently or the pressure does not go up, make the pressure gauge zero and then loosen the screw of the air release device, and wait until the air bubbles completely overflow, then tighten the screws.
8. When running under load, the working pressure should not exceed the rated pressure value.
9. Turn loose the regulating handle of homogenizer to remove the pressure before stopping, and then close the valve on the feed pipe after the machine stops.
10. Check the oil regularly, change the oil for 100 hours of new machine work, and change it every 1000 hours afterwards.
How to maintain laboratory homogenizer?
1. The start-up and pressurization steps of the laboratory homogenizer should be in accordance with the operating procedures.
2. After the lab homogenizer is used, the material channel should be cleaned with water in time, especially the valve seat and spool contact should be cleared of residual material to prevent sticking, in order to ensure the normal work of the next start-up.
3. If the machine is out of use for a long time, a complete CIP cleaning should be done before use. Every Wednesday for a single alkali cleaning, every Friday for a complete CIP cleaning
4. Often check the position of lubricant in the gear box and crankcase, the lubricant should be kept clean, and should be replaced with new oil and new seal in time when found to be deteriorated or failed.
5. Laboratory homogenizer equipment quarterly overhaul maintenance.
6. Laboratory homogenizer cleaning shall not use brushes, wire balls and other cleaning appliances.
How to order laboratory homogenizer?
ANTITECK provide lab equipment, lab consumable, manufacturing equipment in life sciences sector.
If you are interested in our laboratory homogenizer or have any question, please write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will reply to you as soon as possible.