What is the laboratory centrifuge?
Definition of laboratory centrifuge
is a machine which is used to separate the different density of suspension liquid or emulsion, it can also be used in segregating different particle sizes in materials, in addition, there has a function that it can analyse the samples as they are separated. The laboratory centrifuge
is one of the most common equipment in the lab.
Laboratory centrifuge principle
The general principle of laboratory centrifuge is according the acceleration of centrifugal force , and then accelerate the sedimentation speed of particles so as to separate and analyze.
Applications of laboratory centrifuge
The laboratory centrifuge is a machine designed for experiments analysis. Nowadays, The laboratory centrifuge has a widely used in scientific research and production departments. It becomes one of the important instruments and equipment for modern scientific research. And it is the necessary scientific research and production equipment in the field of biology, agriculture, biological engineering, bio-pharmaceutical, medical treatment and other industries.
Laboratory centrifuge function
The lab centrifuge are used to separate the gases, fluids and liquids which are based on their density. In the clinical or research laboratories, the lab centrifugal machines
are used for the passivation of cells, organelle, viruses, nucleic acids and proteins.
Types of laboratory centrifuge
The laboratory centrifuges can be divided into two forms, one is according to the structural form, the other is classification by speed.
From the structure: benchtop centrifuge, floor centrifuge
From the velocity: low speed centrifuge, high speed centrifuge, ultra centrifuge and ultra-high speed centrifuge
Features of laboratory centrifuge
Structure: Benchtop, desktop
Velocity: low speed, high speed, ultra, ultra speed
Materials: The shell is made of cold rolled steeL , the inner tank is made of mirror stainless steel, and the motor is using the brushless DC motor.
Colour: White and gray are the most common
Cooling type: No
Application: hospital, centers for disease control, radiological immunity, laboratories, research institutes
Functions: optional speed, centrifugal force and time; liquid crystal display; touchable
Advantages: The desktop laboratory is very suitable for the laboratories where space is small but various tests are needed. It is easy and convenient to operate so that it can improve laboratory efficiency. In addition, the benchtop centrifuge is small in size so that it is easy to transfer position.
Velocity: low speed, ultra
Materials: The fuselage cover is made of stainless steel and the the motor is using the brushless DC motor, Imported environmental protection fluorine free refrigeration compressor
Colour: white, gray
Cooling type: Yes
Application: Medical, health, agriculture, forestry, animal husbandry, food, oil and other biochemical experiments
Functions: liquid crystal display; touchable; module control; stepless speed regulation
Advantage: The floor centrifuge can be used in bulk samples processing and routine procedures in laboratory. It is safe, reliable, durable. It has optional pulley design at the bottom, so it is easy to remove the floor centrifugal equipment.
Speed of laboratory centrifuge
The low speed centrifuge, high speed centrifuge, ultra centrifuge and ultra-high speed centrifuge are based on the desktop centrifuge
or floor centrifuges, the users can according to their demand and the laboratory environment to choose suitable speed laboratory centrifuge. Here are some basic information about these laboratory centrifuges: Low speed laboratory centrifuge
: The maximum speed is less than 8000r/minNormal speed laboratory centrifuge
: The maximum speed is less than 15000r/minUltra laboratory centrifuge
: The maximum speed is higher than 15000 r/min but less than 30000r/minUltra high speed laboratory centrifuge
: The maximum speed is higher than 30000r/min
In generally, the ultra high speed centrifuge is a relatively large volume of floor type. It is not to used in the regular laboratory unless some special industries.
How to use centrifuge machine safely?
The laboratory centrifuge is a common device in lab, it is very dangerous if using the laboratory improperly. Consider the safety of using laboratory centrifuge, the operator should be noticed some points.
1. Check the rotor before switching on the laboratory centrifugal machine, the operator can rotating the rotor to see if there is any bite or stuck situation
2. Check to see if there any parts are loose, for example, to check the centrifuge cover can be properly closed.
3. Pay attention to the bearing capacity of the laboratory centrifuge. The operator should follow the extent which required by the instruction book to centrifuge.
4. The rotating head or rotor can only be placed even number of centrifuge tubes, If the centrifuge tubes can not be filled with the rotor, the operator should put the centrifuge tube into the rotor symmetry.
5. Pay attention to maintenance, operator should check the rotor after each use, and clean the centrifuge samples which are accidentally dropped in the rotor.
6. The rotor can be protected with a layer of gloss wax if it has not been used for a long time.
7. Operator must stay in the laboratory if the laboratory centrifuge is working.
8. Different rotors have different specification attributes which including the speed and duration. These must be recorded in a file.
Rotor: the important part of centrifuge machine
Rotor is the major part of laboratory centrifuge, There are two mainly categories about the rotor. One is the angle rotor, the other is the horizontal rotor.
Angle rotor: The axis of the hole where the centrifugal tube is placed should be fixed at an Angle between 25 and 30 degrees to the ground when the rotor is working. As it has less resistance during rotating, angle rotor is suitable for high-speed separation, but it does not for large capacity separation.
Horizontal rotor: The axis of the tube is parallel to the ground as when the horizontal rotor is rotating. There are so many kinds of horizontal rotor such as horizontal round cup rotor, horizontal pipe support rotor, horizontal basket rotor and son on.As it has large resistance during working, horizontal rotor is not suitable for high speed separation, but it suitable for the large capacity separation.
How to use laboratory centrifuge?
1. The laboratory centrifuge should be placed on the solid floor or lab table, make the machine in a horizontal position which can avoid vibration in the centrifugal processing.
2. Switch on the power key, install the rotor as required, and then put the samples which are in balance on the rotor sample sack, finally, close the laboratory centrifuge lid.
3. Set the temperature, speed, time, acceleration and deceleration according to function key. If the laboratory centrifuges is a microcomputer controlled machine, operator also needs to press the storage key to remember the input information.
4. Press the starting button, and waiting for the laboratory centrifuge automatically off.
5. Open the cover after the laboratory centrifuge completely stops rotating, take out the centrifugal sample, wipe the rotor and the inner wall of the machine chamber with a soft clean cloth, only in the centrifuge chamber room temperature and room temperature balance after the machine cover.
How to balance the laboratory centrifuge sample?
In generally, laboratory centrifuge usually has the function of unbalanced protection device. The motor will stop if this function is triggered. The reason for unbalance is that the centrifuge operating beyond the allowable deviation range. Therefore, we should balance the sample before we centrifuge.
-- When only one centrifugal tube is used for centrifugation, operator need to prepare another centrifugal tube and fill an equal volume water, and then put them at both ends of the symmetry axis of the rotor.
-- When there are two centrifugal tubes need to be centrifuged and their volume are the same, these situation can centrifuge directly.
-- If there is a great different volume between the two tubs, operator should add two centrifuge tube and fill with the equal volume water before centrifugation.
-- All in all, the center of gravity of the centrifuge rotor must be kept at the center point.
2. Horizontal basket rotor
There are two horizontal basket rotors, one of the rotors is used in a centrifugal tube or collect blood vessel. They all need to be balanced with a pallet balance. The centrifugal tube and the balance tube are placed at both ends of scale to reach balance. Operator should considerate the symmetry problem when installing the centrifugal tube basket. The centrifugal holes in the basket must be axial symmetry.
How to order laboratory centrifuge?
ANTITECK provide lab equipment, lab consumable, manufacturing equipment in life sciences sector.
If you are interested in our centrifuge machine or have any question, please write an e-mail to email@example.com, we will reply to you as soon as possible.